Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Stegner
United States
Grain Valley
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if all the kickstarter stuff for Bloodrage will eventually make it into stores? Primarily, the extra miniatures?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
They never will. However you can usually pick them up at conventions by getting tickets from CMON. Basicaly you get a ticket for every $25 spent or sometimes from other stuff. Most figures are between 1-4 tickets. I saw Fenris at GenCon and possibly another one. I already had them so I didn't pay close attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stegner
United States
Grain Valley
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info William. Wonder why they chose not to release certain things like that. Didn't they release all the stuff for retail from the zombicide black plague kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, there's always been KS exclusive stuff, that's CMON crowd funding style unfortunately. The expansions like The Gods, The Mystics & The Fifth Player expansion were intended for retail, the rest weren't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The world of KS exclusives - they prey on you're FOMO, and get you to sign up or miss out forever.

I tried making a stand against them, but then I started missing out on things, and... bah.

(that said, I generally DON'T buy retail games that have gameplay changing - e.g. not just decorative - exclusives. Because I hate paying a premium to complete my game)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And for those that don't know it (like me), FOMO = Fear Of Missing Out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
And for those that don't know it (like me), FOMO = Fear Of Missing Out.

I thought it was MOFO? Maybe I am thinking of something else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paradox1995 wrote:
Thanks for the info William. Wonder why they chose not to release certain things like that. Didn't they release all the stuff for retail from the zombicide black plague kickstarter?
Because they make around 5 times the amount from a KS sale then a retail sale and build massive hype for the retail release, add in the an overwhelming majority then don't even know about the KS exclusives and just buy it at retail and there you go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
because the backers paid a premium for a game they never tested or saw. This is the payoff for us as backers. honestly i'd be choked if people waited, got the base game cheaper after seeing it reviewed amazingly well, and then get the premium items for cheap.

flip side is backers pony-ing up the cash, getting a bad product (either gameplay, components or super unfortunately nothing at all) and waiting a year for others to get the same thing for a fraction of the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.