Subject: Price increase? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raymond Fowkes

Farmington Hills
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Link on Falling Sky BGG site says $51.99 at Coolstuff, but going there gives a $69.99 price which is substantially higher than CSIs usual percent off. I have also seen this on a few other GMT restocks this week at CSI some as close to 6% or so off MSRP and not 30% as usual. Has there been a GMT price hike similar to ANAs that I've not heard about?

Also note that CSI no longer shows what % off MSRP their prices are presumably to try and hide the higher cost of ANA games now. Annoying that now I have to do the math myself. I was able to still get a C&CA expansion, US Civil War, and Genesis at the old CSI prices so I snatched them up both out of fear of possible price rises and only a few left in stock of 2 of the 3.

Paranoia? .... or a real concern that this is the new norm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heineman
United States
LaCrosse
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think it's more due to the nature of GMT's limited print runs. As stock decreases and the game becomes harder to find, the price goes up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lukeheineman99 wrote:
I would think it's more due to the nature of GMT's limited print runs. As stock decreases and the game becomes harder to find, the price goes up.

Yep. Falling Sky has been out a while and stock is probably dwindling. More recent prints like A Distant Plain and Cuba Libre are still at the regular discount level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Fowkes

Farmington Hills
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lukeheineman99 wrote:

Definitely makes sense! So P500 or get it when it first hits the shelves .... Lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sekwof wrote:
lukeheineman99 wrote:

Definitely makes sense! So P500 or get it when it first hits the shelves .... Lol.

Or buy it from a store like CardHaus who isn't in the habit of jacking up the price as supply runs out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
lukeheineman99 wrote:

Yep. Falling Sky has been out a while and stock is probably dwindling. More recent prints like A Distant Plain and Cuba Libre are still at the regular discount level.

Actually Falling Sky got shipped at the same time as the Cuba Libre and Distant Plain reprints in may. But it probably sold much faster since it is not a reprint itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget costs of delivery to store. Though gas is at its lowest courier firms have massively increase prices. I've noticed this with UPS and DHL via Amazon and DHL especially at Noble Knight Games. I can no longer use them which is very sad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.