Subject: Sand Timer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Port Macquarie
NSW
flag msg tools
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just received a copy of OR.

The sand timer listed in the components is missing.

Should I be concerned about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Peck
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
paperparachute games! http://games.suspended-chord.info/
mbmbmbmbmb
You could contact the publisher (info@ortusregni.com) and ask about getting a replacement. But the sand timer isn't actually used in the game rules, it's an optional social thing if someone's turn is taking a bit too long, you can flip the timer to give them a polite clue to speed things up.

I've never once used it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Port Macquarie
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

I now have no concerns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ortus Regni
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools

Exactly, the sand timer is not required in the normal rules of play. It can be a useful augment to gameplay, though. We still find ourselves reaching for it on occasion.

Even with the most experienced players, sometimes you want to gently tease someone about the time that they are using to deliberate on a tricky choice.

If you are in Australia then I am guessing that you bought this on the secondary market, since it has been several weeks since a box has gone out "down under". Having said that, if you would like us to drop a replacement sand timer in the regular post we can do that for you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Port Macquarie
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OrtusRegni wrote:

Exactly, the sand timer is not required in the normal rules of play. It can be a useful augment to gameplay, though. We still find ourselves reaching for it on occasion.

Even with the most experienced players, sometimes you want to gently tease someone about the time that they are using to deliberate on a tricky choice.

If you are in Australia then I am guessing that you bought this on the secondary market, since it has been several weeks since a box has gone out "down under". Having said that, if you would like us to drop a replacement sand timer in the regular post we can do that for you

Thank you for yourkind offer, but I like to think I am emotionally capable of life without a sand timer.

It was purchased second hand.

The game components are glorious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.