The Pursuit of Happiness» Forums » General

Subject: What's a good multiplayer & solo score? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just wondering, I've only played so far a handful of times & haven't learned the nuances yet, but what are some of the top scores achieved so far?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Peck
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
paperparachute games! http://games.suspended-chord.info/
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played it once, solo, and my score was 48 LTH, which is unfortunately a super close loss by the solo rules (need at least 50 LTH, and all 3 goals completed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:
Just wondering, I've only played so far a handful of times & haven't learned the nuances yet, but what are some of the top scores achieved so far?
Most times that I've played (11 logged so far), the top score is between 55 and 65. That's actually true for both multiplayer and solo, although I've only played 3 solo games (won 2, lost 1).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for your answers. Mmmmmm, we all seem very similar, scoring between late 40's and early 60's whether solo or multiplayer.

I'm sure there must be a player who regularly scores upwards of 70 as I wouldn't categorise myself as a good player. I play for fun, but after those handful of games with similar scores, it made me wonder if higher scores were actually possible, but my negative thoughts started creeping in thinking does it really matter what I do that much? I've tried games with different strategies: with no job, with a family, gaining the extra heart to live longer, but I still end up scoring roughly the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hammer

Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have three games under my belt (one solo and two with two players) and my score is averaging in the mid-60s. It has improved each game, so I imagine a score of 70 is very achievable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, that's my goal the next time I play - to try and achieve 70'points. The next game I have lined up is a session on Saturday - first play with a group of 4; can't wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laardge11 wrote:
Yes, that's my goal the next time I play - to try and achieve 70'points.
If you do, please post as detailed a session report as possible; I'd love to see a play-by-play of that. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Will do Trevor. Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Levine
United States
Clinton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Four 2 player games:
59-51
73-67
64-62
59-63

This was the 73-67 game. Her score got a boost from winning the Live Fast, Die Young goal while not dying any earlier than normal, since her opponent improved their health (who would do such a silly thing whistle ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoolKow wrote:
Four 2 player games:
73-67

I've been wondering if higher scoring might be easier with lower player counts. If one player can complete three or four parts of a team project, the rewards are huge. This is much more difficult to accomplish when other players can jump on that card with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Levine
United States
Clinton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
KoolKow wrote:
Four 2 player games:
73-67

I've been wondering if higher scoring might be easier with lower player counts. If one player can complete three or four parts of a team project, the rewards are huge. This is much more difficult to accomplish when other players can jump on that card with you.

You're only allowed to complete two parts - it's in the rules somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
We've played it 5 times in our house. My daughter managed a 74 in a three player game with her sisters. I got 68 last night in a 4 player game. The other three winning scores have been in the 50s.

I was thinking I was missing something since no one had yet turned the last corner on the scoring track. Seems that isn't the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason M
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played our first game a couple hours ago. Now I'm thinking we did something really wrong, because I finished with 108, and the others scored 106, 89 and 86. But we followed the rules, so I'm not sure where we went wrong...

EDIT: I figured it out. We didn't realize that upgrading a card (Relationships, Items, etc) cost an hourglass. So, most turns were spent playing all but our last hourglass, and then just upgrading cards until we had to spend our last one. Our next game will be a) MUCH shorter, and b) a TOTALLY different game. I can't even imagine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Palmer
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've scored in the low 70s/upper 60s in all my plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.