Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an official Lookout/Mayfair announcement:

As most of you probably suspected, we will reprint Farmers of the Moor for the new Agricola Hobby Edition, but we don't want to just take what is there already and put it in a box. Apart from the graphics, which need an update to match the new and fresh graphics of the new Agricola, we also need to give all the cards in Farmers of the Moor a close look.

For the Agricola base game, the online platform play-agricola.com was collecting a lot of data over the course of the past years, which helped Uwe rebalance all the cards for the new Agricola. Unfortunately, there is no such data for Farmers of the Moor. This is why we would like to ask YOU to help us playtest the original expansion with the new Agricola game.

Please let us know if there are cards in Farmers of the Moor that don't go well together with cards in the new Agricola. Are there overpowered cards you would like to have rebalanced? Are there weak cards that need fixing? Any input from your experience with the combination of new Agricola + FotM will be very welcome. We will do our own testing, of course, but the more people get involved with this, the better the balance will be in the final product.

Feel free to use this thread for your comments and reports or contact me directly at kobiela@lookout-spiele.de

Thanks so much for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think FotM worked extremely well with the original Agricola game. In my view it improved what was already very good.

My main point would be for the new FotM to fully support "level 3" play.

I would also love to see FotM released for iOS Agricola.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Mikael Hansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattias wrote:
My main point would be for the new FotM to fully support "level 3" play.

Fully agree with this - would love to see FotM include occupations that support the new FotM elements in addition to the minor improvements from the old Z-Man version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
This is an official Lookout/Mayfair announcement:

Please let us know if there are cards in Farmers of the Moor that don't go well together with cards in the new Agricola.

Given that virtually all the "FotM" Minors have to do with the various elements of the expansion, I have yet to encounter any revised Agricola cards that would be adversely affected. There may be certain issues with OG Occupations/Minors that may interact bizarrely with "FotM" Minors, or the expansion in general (e.g. animal-related Ocks that don't mention horses, etc.), but otherwise, no.

Quote:
Are there overpowered cards you would like to have rebalanced? Are there weak cards that need fixing?

Possibly, but none of this hinges on the revamped base game.

Quote:
Any input from your experience with the combination of new Agricola + FotM will be very welcome. We will do our own testing, of course, but the more people get involved with this, the better the balance will be in the final product.

I will diligently prod whatever opponents I have to play the revised game with "FotM" and will pay close attention to any possible issues.

Time to break out the notebook on a regular basis again...

Quote:
Thanks so much for your help!

You got it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested in solo play feedback? These days that's my best chance of getting 'Gric played.

Also, any interest in feedback where occupations are used as well? Or just the FotM + revised 'Gric minors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
Interested in solo play feedback? These days that's my best chance of getting 'Gric played.

Also, any interest in feedback where occupations are used as well? Or just the FotM + revised 'Gric minors?

Feel free to test with occupations and solo. We're grateful for all feedback we can get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
msg tools
Are the revised cards going to be released soon? I have the Zman version of Agricola and FotM, but would love to play with the revised cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
First report: The only revision card I can see that might need a ruling in "FotM" play is Caravan, vis-a-vis heating. Must it be? Why, yes, it must, and since it's not subject to renovation, it will always need to be heated. That's it; everything else is perfectly fine for "FotM" games. You have nothing to worry about on that count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't there a few minors in the base game that refer to "horses" and "animals"? Some of these may have to be checked for how they interact with FotM horses.

Note that I have no idea how these cards were changed in the new base game. I will hold off on getting the new edition until FotM is available and until the game supports at least five players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, there are a variety of base game cards affected, but aside from Caravan, nothing from the revision set impinges on "FotM," unless I've somehow overlooked something. Pretty sure I checked them all, though.

The full card manifest can be accessed here. Click on AG3 (top right), then Deck AG2 (right), then sort by name and set cards per page to 100. Some of the listings do not reflect the final published revision (e.g. Hedge Keeper, Axe*, etc.), but otherwise the list appears to be correct.

*OG Axe is now known as "Carpenter's Parlor," go figure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb

Avatar match made in heaven.heart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or Mordor...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattias wrote:
Or Mordor...

...and in the Darkness bind them...sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mad Math wrote:

Avatar match made in heaven.heart

I know this sounds unlikely, but I never noticed that before.shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any word on when Farmers of the Moor Revised Edition will come out? I've been wanting to get it, but I'd like wait and pick it up along with the new Agricola if it won't be too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Berne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Any word on when Farmers of the Moor Revised Edition will come out? I've been wanting to get it, but I'd like wait and pick it up along with the new Agricola if it won't be too long.

It *will* take a while. No release date on this yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohammad Ali
msg tools
I know this is a long shot but will FOTM be incorporated into the collector's edition of Agricola?

I really enjoy the FOTM expansion but in some ways it sticks out as a bit awkward. I'd like the end game scoring cards and other items be replaced to include the FOTM elements. The action cards in FOTM also stick out, especially with the new action boards.

I look forward to getting it all in one larger, beautiful box with the Mayfair collector's edition.

Also - How do you want to receive feedback for the specific occupations and minor improvements? Just in this thread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to post your feedback in any way you like, in this thread, via email or any other method. I can't say anything for certain ATM but yes, we'd also like FOTM be included in the collector's edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Resist the Kakistocracy
United States
Innsmouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
but yes, we'd also like FOTM be included in the collector's edition.

Please make it so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
Feel free to post your feedback in any way you like, in this thread, via email or any other method. I can't say anything for certain ATM but yes, we'd also like FOTM be included in the collector's edition.

Yes, this is a must! Farmers of the Moor makes an already great game, even better and should be part of the collector's edition for sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.