Subject: GenCon Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dean Winchester
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Did anyone get a chance to try this at GenCon and can give their opinion on how it played?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
bamjoe wrote:
Did anyone get a chance to try this at GenCon and can give their opinion on how it played?

We had 2 ticketed events, which I did not run, and then we had walk up demo at the booth, which I did run for a good portion of the convention.

The ticketed event believe was more like a traditional chapter(90min-3hr), but specifically designed for Gencon.

The booth demo was short and to the point, more over a tutorial, as you can't really get into the meat of the game w/o syncing a good chunk of time into it to flesh out your character.

The booth demo consisted of a few rounds moving around the world map, going to a tomb and fighting some flesh eating ghouls and a tomb spirit.

Introduced some very basic story mechanics, skill checks, combat resolution, encounter mechanics, and if failed skill check a skirmish fight. Afterwards I did Q&A to the players, most of whom where Premiere Backers of the game.

Of the 2-3 dozen players I demoed to, they all seemed very pleased with the game play and excited to get their copies.

Complete Tangent: Our in house artist is working on updating the character cards atm, and man o man, I can't wait for the KS update to drop to show em off!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zeeparkes wrote:
bamjoe wrote:

We had 2 ticketed events, which I did not run, and then we had walk up demo at the booth, which I did run for a good portion of the convention.

The ticketed event believe was more like a traditional chapter(90min-3hr), but specifically designed for Gencon.

The booth demo was short and to the point, more over a tutorial, as you can't really get into the meat of the game w/o syncing a good chunk of time into it to flesh out your character.

The booth demo consisted of a few rounds moving around the world map, going to a tomb and fighting some flesh eating ghouls and a tomb spirit.

Introduced some very basic story mechanics, skill checks, combat resolution, encounter mechanics, and if failed skill check a skirmish fight. Afterwards I did Q&A to the players, most of whom where Premiere Backers of the game.

Of the 2-3 dozen players I demoed to, they all seemed very pleased with the game play and excited to get their copies.

Complete Tangent: Our in house artist is working on updating the character cards atm, and man o man, I can't wait for the KS update to drop to show em off!

Thanks Zee- any idea when that update will come in? Is there any update on the rule book? I really liked it, but it wasn't finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.