1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » The Village Square

Subject: Panda-Sheep 2: The Sheep Strikes Back rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eliott A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whelp, it's been a few weeks since the last one, and I got a kick again, so another short sheep from me.

Standard sheep game rules. You want to match as many people as possible on each question, giving VALID answers to each question. 1 pt per person who says your answer, including yourself, assuming the answer is valid. No discussing answers with others in thread or elsewhere, please. This one is a 'Right Answer' sheep, so answers do have to be valid responses to the question asked. (e.g., if I ask for a 8-letter answer, and you give a 7, no points, or if you don't answer the question asked, no points).

Deadline to submit answers will be Sunday, Sept 4th at 23:59. That way, I can run reveals on Monday. Something to look forward to after the weekend.

Link to the questions: https://goo.gl/forms/kEoXm3cNhighd5It2
Questions will also be spoilered below, for those who do not wish to use Google Forms, you may GM them

Small prizes may or may not be won by the winner.

The questions:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Name
1. 1-letter homophone (Question will be skipped, see thread)
2. 2-letter abbreviation
3. 3-letter palindrome
4. 4-letter occupation
5. 5-letter sports team (any sport)
6. 6-letter acronym
7. 7-letter boardgame
8. 8-letter first name
9. 9-letter country
10. 10-letter city
(Research permitted on 11-15, if needed)
11. Favourite Pokemon starter
12. Favourite sport you would rather play as Mario, than actually play (must be a SPORT that Mario has played in some video game) (Go-karting is NOT a sport for this question)
13. Favourite Disney animated villian.
14. Favourite single deck colour of Magic the Gathering.
15. Favourite anime series.
16. Something in a kitchen drawer, besides silverware (spoons, knives, forks).
17. Something you don't usually buy just one of.
18. Type of ball
19. A single word you might yell at a dog.
20. A BGG'er with an animal as/in their avatar.

Results:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Reserved for results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated. -Dangerface
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are too many of these that I just don't know, so I think I'm going to pass this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Żarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Just take a moment for yourself
badge
I have no idea
mbmbmbmbmb
Research allowed or no?

Missed that research is allowed for 11-15, so presumably no research on 1-10?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliott A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugvid wrote:
Research allowed or no?

Might restrict the player count/ability, but I'm going to go with my original gut/intent and say no, with the exception of 11-15 if needed (you don't know Pokemon starters, for example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral L Squared
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated. -Dangerface
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
elias5891 wrote:
Smugvid wrote:
Research allowed or no?

Might restrict the player count/ability, but I'm going to go with my original gut/intent and say no, with the exception of 11-15 if needed (you don't know Pokemon starters, for example).

I think you'll find that a lot of people will leave things blank then because a lot of them are very specific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliott A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
elias5891 wrote:
Smugvid wrote:
Research allowed or no?

I think you'll find that a lot of people will leave things blank then because a lot of them are very specific.

I'm curious to see. I do imagine there will be some degree of blanks/lack of entries, but I don't think it'll be a huge amount. If it is though, lesson learned, with evidence to support later when someone tries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliott A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hate to do this after some entries are in, but I am discarding question 1, after three people posed to me the point that it's essentially a trick question if I read it as written as opposed to as intended. If the lack of that question causes issue, please send a GM. For any future entries, feel free to skip. Will explain more in depth a bit later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very curious to see if there is a possible valid response for one particular question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I run wit bad ass sistas wit them righteous fangs, Killas that cut ya leave ya bleeding to die in the rain. Yall can’t understand the blade as it slice through ya vein, Yall ain’t realize the sweet fore it turn into pain. - O Dawg
mbmbmbmbmb
elias5891 wrote:
Hate to do this after some entries are in, but I am discarding question 1, after three people posed to me the point that it's essentially a trick question if I read it as written as opposed to as intended. If the lack of that question causes issue, please send a GM. For any future entries, feel free to skip. Will explain more in depth a bit later.

Haha, I am so glad. I answered something, which was the closest thing I could think of, but I didn't think it was really a valid answer. I thought it was just a hearing person thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
elias5891 wrote:

There are only two 1 letter words (in English), so it's a coin-flip the way I read it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliott A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:
elias5891 wrote:

There are only two 1 letter words (in English), so it's a coin-flip the way I read it.

Guess I'll address this one now. Intent would have been better worded as "1-letter which, when spoken, is pronounced the same as a word." Was a bad question either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
er, wen
United States
Not Quite Canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
elias5891 wrote:
Smugvid wrote:
Research allowed or no?

Eh. It seemed fine to me. I thought of answers for all but one of the first ten fairly quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliott A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I forgot that I had the deadline for this as Labor Day, and thus I was away and did not run this as expected. Apologizes. Reveal will be today, starting around 9:30am BGG, and I will take last minute answers til then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliott A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IT'S TIME TO DUEL....

or sheep...

2. Name a 2-letter abbreviation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliott A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Mr - 5 - Elias5891, Tokah, gdapkus, heraldoflight, MikeB
dr - 3 - bkarrigan, DeMorcerf, Quaseymoto
OK - 2 - RoyalApe, Rorab
WW - 2 - bluelise, xandryyte
PO - 1 - rjcards05
PS - 1 - namyzarc
ie - 1 - MD1616
BS - 1 - SaiSaysPlayGo
ad - 1 - monogarden
ER - 1 - Ziilch
lb - 1 - slinkydink
GM - 1 - Smugvid
MD - 1 - irwin1138
e. g. - 1 - Nessus77
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
I run wit bad ass sistas wit them righteous fangs, Killas that cut ya leave ya bleeding to die in the rain. Yall can’t understand the blade as it slice through ya vein, Yall ain’t realize the sweet fore it turn into pain. - O Dawg
mbmbmbmbmb
elias5891 wrote:

OK - 2 - RoyalApe, Rorab
PO - 1 - rjcards05
PS - 1 - namyzarc
ie - 1 - MD1616
BS - 1 - SaiSaysPlayGo
ad - 1 - monogarden
ER - 1 - Ziilch
lb - 1 - slinkydink
GM - 1 - Smugvid
MD - 1 - irwin1138
e. g. - 1 - Nessus77

I feel like some of these are acronyms rather than abbreviations. (Though irwin's "MD" could be short for Maryland, I now realize. It was my original answer until I hit the acronym question.) I was a little afraid that you'd be technical on that Elias once I saw there was a separate acronym question. I'm glad you weren't, FWIW, and it is what pushed me to change to Mr!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliott A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
I feel like some of these are acronyms rather than abbreviations. (Though irwin's "MD" could be short for Maryland, I now realize. It was my original answer until I hit the acronym question.) I was a little afraid that you'd be technical on that Elias once I saw there was a separate acronym question. I'm glad you weren't, FWIW, and it is what pushed me to change to Mr!

Some are definitely acronyms; however, in finding definitions for acronyms, I found that acronyms were included in some of the definitions of abbreviations. As such, I decided those would be valid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Reissmann
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
elias5891 wrote:

OK - 2 - RoyalApe, Rorab
PO - 1 - rjcards05
PS - 1 - namyzarc
ie - 1 - MD1616
BS - 1 - SaiSaysPlayGo
ad - 1 - monogarden
ER - 1 - Ziilch
lb - 1 - slinkydink
GM - 1 - Smugvid
MD - 1 - irwin1138
e. g. - 1 - Nessus77

Doesn't it need to form a word to be an acronym? Aren't acronyms just a subset of abbreviations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliott A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3. Name a 3-letter palindrome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliott A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nessus77 wrote:
TFang wrote:
elias5891 wrote:

OK - 2 - RoyalApe, Rorab
PO - 1 - rjcards05
PS - 1 - namyzarc
ie - 1 - MD1616
BS - 1 - SaiSaysPlayGo
ad - 1 - monogarden
ER - 1 - Ziilch
lb - 1 - slinkydink
GM - 1 - Smugvid
MD - 1 - irwin1138
e. g. - 1 - Nessus77

Doesn't it need to form a word to be an acronym? Aren't acronyms just a subset of abbreviations?

That was my thought. Acronyms are abbreviations, but abbreviations were not necessarily acronyms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliott A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3. Name a 3-letter palindrome.

mom - 9 - Elias5891, rjcards05, Tokah, monogarden, RoyalApe, slinkydink, Rorab, heraldoflight, Quaseymoto
bob - 3 - MD1616, Ziilch, Nessus77
Eye - 3 - SaiSaysPlayGo, gdapkus, xandryyte
tit - 2 - bkarrigan, DeMorcerf
wow - 2 - irwin1138, bluelise
SOS - 1 - namyzarc
Gag - 1 - Smugvid
LOL - 1 - MikeB

Thanks for that answer, bk, Demo.

RUNNING SCORE
Elias5891 - 14
Tokah - 14
heraldoflight - 14
Quaseymoto - 12
RoyalApe - 11
Rorab - 11
rjcards05 - 10
monogarden - 10
slinkydink - 10
gdapkus - 8
MikeB - 6
bkarrigan - 5
DeMorcerf - 5
xandryyte - 5
MD1616 - 4
SaiSaysPlayGo - 4
Ziilch - 4
bluelise - 4
Nessus77 - 4
irwin1138 - 3
namyzarc - 2
Smugvid - 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Reissmann
United States
Wausau
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elias5891 wrote:
mom - 9 - Elias5891, rjcards05, Tokah, monogarden, RoyalApe, slinkydink, Rorab, heraldoflight, Quaseymoto
wow - 2 - irwin1138, bluelise
irwin and bluelise flipped it the wrong way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliott A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4. Name a 4-letter occupation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliott A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4. Name a 4-letter occupation.

This one, I had to look up two of the answers to see if they were acceptable. I'll let you guess which two, but I felt that they fit various definitions of the work occupation.

cook - 12 - Elias5891, rjcards05, namyzarc, Tokah, Ziilch, slinkydink, Smugvid, gdapkus, MikeB, xandryyte, Quaseymoto, Nessus77
chef - 5 - bkarrigan, SaiSaysPlayGo, RoyalApe, Rorab, heraldoflight
tech - 1 - MD1616
Jedi - 1 - monogarden
Boss - 1 - DeMorcerf
work - 1 - irwin1138
Maid - 1 - bluelise

RUNNING SCORE
Tokah - 26
Elias5891 - 26
Quaseymoto - 24
rjcards05 - 22
slinkydink - 22
gdapkus - 20
heraldoflight - 19
MikeB - 18
xandryyte - 17
RoyalApe - 16
Ziilch - 16
Rorab - 16
Nessus77 - 16
namyzarc - 14
Smugvid - 14
monogarden - 11
bkarrigan - 10
SaiSaysPlayGo - 9
DeMorcerf - 6
MD1616 - 5
bluelise - 5
irwin1138 - 4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliott A
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5. Name a 5-letter sports team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.