Subject: Looking for re-theme suggestions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to make a copy of this and actually re-theme it. Any thoughts? I'm thinking mushrooms could be kind of cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Neue Helvella
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what that means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
Not sure what that means.

Oh haha, Helvella is just a genus of mushrooms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd Lowe
United States
Bremerton
WA
flag msg tools
Friends are cool
badge
Winning is better
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about this a bit lately too. I don't have anything solid but here are some of my notes....

The stacks could be something that is going to be eaten, like a cake or a stack of pancakes or something. Then the roofs would be a topping of some sort (frosting? gravy?) or a packaging or wrapping that leaves the top exposed.

When scoring happens the theme could be something eating the stack and only being able to give credit to whoever placed the top layer, since that's all they can see, but they will give points based on the quality of the ingredients (which they can tell because of how good it tastes). Note that this lack of knowledge (regarding the color of the lower layers) could be enhanced by making only the top side of the cubes colored.

As for game ending conditions to match this theme I'm thinking maybe it has to do with getting a group ready for shipment? Maybe there are only two trucks available, so if your stack is in a shipment that gets left behind you end up 'eating' the cost. But the trucks are on a hard time limit too, so if you wait too long (like when all the cubes are done being auctioned) they'll have to go with only what's ready. Or maybe the food just goes bad instead.

Still working on why auctioning would happen the way it does, or thematically what would work for the 'doubling', shrinking, and extending pieces. Or why being the first to place a color makes you the responsible party for that color. Definitely open to help.

Did you ever come up with any more for the mushroom idea?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured I could use cylinders instead of blocks for the mushroom stems, but finding a top is awkward.

I'm not really caring about the theme tying into the game so much as I'd just like it to look cool. Then again, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.