Popular Tags: [View All]
Liam Thompson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
USS Enterprise-B preview up at StarTrek.com

For those who can't view it:

Mission: Maiden Voyage
Attempt to aid two Federation transport ships before they are destroyed by the energy distortion ribbon.

EDIT: Updated photos added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some pretty decent cards there. Improved Phasers isn't quite what we were hoping for, but it's still pretty good. I like it on the NX-01 or the Reliant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Images for Deflector Control, Full Reverse, and Holo Comms are up, all tech upgrades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Thompson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
SMDMadCow wrote:
Images for Deflector Control, Full Reverse, and Holo Comms are up, all tech upgrades.

Thanks. When I first posted them those photos weren't available. I've updated the first post accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan K
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terrifying. As written, it looks like Improved Phasers could pair with both Type 8 Phaser Array and Upgraded Phasers on a smaller Fed ship. Throw in Arsenal to use the combo every turn. This should be errata'd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kobold47 wrote:
Some pretty decent cards there. Improved Phasers isn't quite what we were hoping for, but it's still pretty good. I like it on the NX-01 or the Reliant.

Agreed, at first I was disappointed that we didn't get an ouright +1 attack boost as well but when you factor in what it can do to the ships with 2 attack suddenly it becomes far more interesting.

Could be good on the Delta Flyer too since it goes to range 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jandoruss wrote:
Terrifying. As written, it looks like Improved Phasers could pair with both Type 8 Phaser Array and Upgraded Phasers on a smaller Fed ship. Throw in Arsenal to use the combo every turn. This should be errata'd.

That's a twelve-point combo, and requires two weapon slots. The Defiant could run it, but compared to just Upgraded/Type 8 you're paying 7 more points for 1 more attack die. I think it's okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan K
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kobold47 wrote:
That's a twelve-point combo, and requires two weapon slots. The Defiant could run it, but compared to just Upgraded/Type 8 you're paying 7 more points for 1 more attack die. I think it's okay.

Yes, it would be cost-prohibitive to run it on more than one ship, but in a mixed-faction environment, this combo plus Sakonna would turn the U.S.S. Reliant into a 6-die primary (8 at range 1) for only 27 points. Again, terrifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jandoruss wrote:
kobold47 wrote:

Yes, it would be cost-prohibitive to run it on more than one ship, but in a mixed-faction environment, this combo plus Sakonna would turn the U.S.S. Reliant into a 6-die primary (8 at range 1) for only 27 points. Again, terrifying.

With that same combo, the Enterprise A with a Scan token would throw 7 every turn, and 8 every turn against cloaked ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Burris
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jandoruss wrote:

Not quite sure how you can pair them. Type 8/Improved give bonus dice to primary weapon attacks. This is a secondary weapon that fires like a primary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan K
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PicardX wrote:

Not quite sure how you can pair them. Type 8/Improved give bonus dice to primary weapon attacks. This is a secondary weapon that fires like a primary.

For the sake of game balance, I hope that an official ruling confirms your interpretation. As written, "Treat this as an attack with your Primary Weapon" and "When attacking with your Primary Weapon" seem like compatible phrases to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PicardX wrote:
Jandoruss wrote:

They don't, though. I made the same mistake, but re-read those cards.

They say "when attacking with your primary weapon" then "gain +1 attack dice". Not add +1 to the primary attack value, just...IF attacking with primary, you get +1 attack dice to whatever your attack is.

So this is a bit of an odd card that is a secondary weapon, yes, but it makes a primary attack. Since MAKING a primary attack is all that is needed to trigger those upgrades, and they don't specify any limitations on WHAT gets the +1 attack dice...they sure look like they stack.

Pretty sure that wasn't the intent of WK, and another instance of poor wording on a card that may well be 'corrected' by a FAQ update. But "as written"...yeah, they do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Burris
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jandoruss wrote:
PicardX wrote:

For the sake of game balance, I hope that an official ruling confirms your interpretation. As written, "Treat this as an attack with your Primary Weapon" and "When attacking with your Primary Weapon" seem like compatible phrases to me.

That to me sounds like it carries range modifiers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
PicardX wrote:
Jandoruss wrote:

They say "when attacking with your primary weapon" then "gain +1 attack dice". Not add +1 to the primary attack value, just...IF attacking with primary, you get +1 attack dice to whatever your attack is.

So this is a bit of an odd card that is a secondary weapon, yes, but it makes a primary attack. Since MAKING a primary attack is all that is needed to trigger those upgrades, and they don't specify any limitations on WHAT gets the +1 attack dice...they sure look like they stack.

Pretty sure that wasn't the intent of WK, and another instance of poor wording on a card that may well be 'corrected' by a FAQ update. But "as written"...yeah, they do.

It's not poor wording. The new card says treat as a primary attack, so whe using that card you have a primary of 4. Upgraded phasers and Type 8 can only be used if you have a primary of 3 or less. So they CANNOT stack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PicardX wrote:
Jandoruss wrote:
PicardX wrote:

That to me sounds like it carries range modifiers.

This is probably the correct interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
XanderF wrote:
PicardX wrote:
Jandoruss wrote:

It's not poor wording. The new card says treat as a primary attack, so whe using that card you have a primary of 4. Upgraded phasers and Type 8 can only be used if you have a primary of 3 or less. So they CANNOT stack.

Upgraded and Type 8 can only be purchased for a ship with a primary weapon value of 3 or less, so as written these should stack since Improved Phasers don't give you a primary weapon value of 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Burris
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leighbob wrote:
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
XanderF wrote:
PicardX wrote:
Jandoruss wrote:

Upgraded and Type 8 can only be purchased for a ship with a primary weapon value of 3 or less, so as written these should stack since Improved Phasers don't give you a primary weapon value of 4.

Right, put Type 8/Upgraded Phasers on her to make her primary attack +1 dice. Or use Improved Phasers as a secondary weapon at 4 dice that gets rage modifiers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see how "treat this as an attack with your Primary Weapon" can be read as "okay but don't really treat this as an attack with your Primary Weapon except in terms of range bonuses"

Jandoruss wrote:
kobold47 wrote:

Good point about Sakonna, but that's still 7 points for +4 attack, which is 1 point cheaper than the going rate. Powerful? Absolutely. Terrifying and in need of immediate errata? Nah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While this discussion has been interesting I am disappointed that they didn't make a new mold for this ship and the USS Lakota. It's not a stock excelsior, it's the refit, and I love how she looks.

Also love the white-green look she has, not this weird metallic look that she has going.

SIGH.

Disappointed, but I'll buy her anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Burris
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She looks just like the Lakota except the blue on top of the engines is a bit darker. The grey band that wraps around the nacelles is painted blue at the front like the B's bussard collectors are. My shop got them in today. I already have mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good pack and I'll probably buy 1 or 2 but I don't understand why they didn't make life easier for everyone and just put Type 8 Phasers in the pack. After all they did put High Energy Sensor Sweep in with the Phoenix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Redfearn
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Importantly, Holo-comm is not unique.
Add Captain Hayes, 2 HC, some Additional Phaser arrays...

U.S.S. Enterprise-D (28)
Jean-Luc Picard (5)
Holo-comm (5)
Additional Phaser Array (5)
Total (43)

U.S.S. Venture (28)
Mr. Spock (4)
Holo-comm (5)
Total (42)

U.S.S. Thunderchild (28)
Hayes (3)
Galaxy Wing Squadron (5)
Shanthi (2)
Janice Rand (2)
Total (45)

Fleet total: 130

Generated by Space Dock for Android
http://spacedockapp.org

Something like this throws 8,7,6,6,5,4 on one turn, +1 to each attack against borg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Holo-Comm works like Borg Queen 7 or Squad Leader, you can only Hayes once per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Lake Oswego
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kobold47 wrote:
If Holo-Comm works like Borg Queen 7 or Squad Leader, you can only Hayes once per turn.

Holo-comm is a pull, not a push.

So...swarm of ?5? Aerie-class ships with Holocomm around a Bioship Omega pilot. Action phase: each ship disables its shields and deals an unblockable crit to an enemy. 5 times. TROLOLOLOL.

Realistically, I think you'd be better off with Martok-9 in the center of the swarm that all the Aeries trigger off of. Should be able to get 6 ships, then? All executing Martok's ability on their own, for all the ships in the swarm? That's a lot of extra attack dice and re-rolls...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
Since all actions are taking place at the same time, just staggered over the period of initiative, I would highly doubt that the same captain could be made to perform their action multiple times because they can't be in multiple places at once.

I highly suspect Holo-Comm will receive errata to be along the lines of "Target a Captain who has not performed their action this round..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.