Last Blitzkrieg» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ubercats Newb questions thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think I'm in love with this system. Thanks Dean and crew!

I've read the rules 3 times so far as well as most/all of the very helpful play examples that folks have created. I'm finally ready to dive in and try a solo game of Bastogne in order to internalize what I've learned. I'll use this thread to post questions as they come up.

First question: I noticed that the Booth Armored Infantry Task Force of CCR/9 has the same AR (2), on both it's move and deployed sides. The only difference is the MP's and movement class. Is this intentional or a misprint? I haven't seen any counter errata available, yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Fung
United States
Old Greenwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's intentional. The front side is its mounted side (in halftracks as red Movement Allowance) and its back side is its dismounted side (on foot as white MA). Units that are mounted in tactical MA vehicles (like halftracks) won't have their AR lowered on the move side compared to units who are truck-borne (12 wheeled MA front). This lowered AR when mounted on trucks shows how truck-borne infantry were more vulnerable than ones mounted in halftracks.

TF Booth consisted mostly of a company of the 52nd Armored Infantry Battalion with a handful of supporting units (which didn't qualify it for dual compared to Harper or Rose in CCR/9).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.