Allegiance: A Realm Divided» Forums » Rules

Subject: Team games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In a 2 vs 2 game is it possible for a player to defend his ally against an attack with his own units?

We played 3 games of team battle and I thought that it was a little unbalanced. We had no such problem with 2 players.

The teams were Enchantress/Deathknight(they won 3 times easily enough) vs Paladin/Druid.
The team always attacked the same opponent and he was overwhelmed without his ally been able to defend him.

I want your opinion. Nevertheless, excellent game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
noom777 wrote:
In a 2 vs 2 game is it possible for a player to defend his ally against an attack with his own units?

We played 3 games of team battle and I thought that it was a little unbalanced. We had no such problem with 2 players.

The teams were Enchantress/Deathknight(they won 3 times easily enough) vs Paladin/Druid.
The team always attacked the same opponent and he was overwhelmed without his ally been able to defend him.

I want your opinion. Nevertheless, excellent game!
good question...i'd like to see what the feedback is myself...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Vézina
Canada
N-D-île-Perrot
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What we do is pool our points per team and you need to take out both players. That way it does not make so 1 person gets attacked all the time. Also makes for greater synergy in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dizdi
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any playtest insight from the designers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Underground Games
msg tools
publisher
Hi everyone,

The official rules for team games are that a player’s units can’t defend against attacks aimed at their teammate. This is the format we found works best in most cases - but if you find that this isn’t working well for certain matchups or for your playgroup, you could definitely use a different ruleset for your multiplayer team games.

A combined health total for the heroes on a team can work well, where a team’s health is the sum of their two heroes’ health values, and both heroes remain alive until their combined health is reduced to zero.

You could also play where teammates can use their units to defend their teammate’s hero - which can work well, though we have found in some cases the boards can get a bit clogged where it’s difficult to get attacks through.

In the end, we recommend playing with the ruleset that works best for your group!

Cheers,

Underground Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there has to be a better way (for a "team game") other than adding a team's health together...maybe:

- (with teams sitting opp each other) you can only attack the player to your left

- or, rotate that (kind of like hearts, the card game, where you pass L, then R, then across, then hold) where for round 1 all players may only attack to their left, round 2 all players may only attack to their right, repeat, etc.

and if a player is eliminated, then any format used (above) is dropped as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.