10 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Next (last?) expansion speculation... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just updating my spreadsheet with a list of the basic action cards and noted which cards have been replaced with improved versions for the various heroes.

Interestingly, there's only two cards left of which no hero has an improved version yet: Card 2 (Rage, red) and Card 5 (Swiftness, white).

Looking over the list of hero cards and the circles printed for their use as dummy opponents, we have the following, so far:
Arythea : Red, Red, White
Krang : Red, Red, Green
Tovak : Blue, Blue, Red
Braevalar: Blue, Blue, Green
Goldyx : Green, Green, Blue
Norowas : White, White, Green
Wolfhawk : White, White, Blue

I think that means that the next (and possibly final) hero for Mage Knight will probably have 'White, White, Red' circles.

It's a bit of a pity because had the color combinations been chosen differently for the heroes already released, we might have had two heroes with two spheres for each color...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
or green green red.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Mc'Art
Belgium
Lillois
flag msg tools
AllYearLong Santa
mbmbmbmbmb
Missing combination:
Red, Red, Blue
Blue, Blue, White
Green, Green, Red
Green, Green, White
White, White, red
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malkaven wrote:
or green green red.
I don't consider that likely since that would make it the first hero whose 'dummy circles' don't match the colors of the improved cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Sams
msg tools
mbmbmb
Wait, why are we speculating? Are we getting a new expansion? I thought Vlaada had moved on to other things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
inzo wrote:
Wait, why are we speculating? Are we getting a new expansion? I thought Vlaada had moved on to other things.

Vlaada isn't listed as a designer on the most recent expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
None of the expansion designers have mentioned further work on the franchise either. It's certainly not impossible, but my current bet is that we've seen the last expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corum irsei
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
None of the expansion designers have mentioned further work on the franchise either. It's certainly not impossible, but my current bet is that we've seen the last expansion.
Well, if there won't be another official expansion (which would be a pity!), I guess us fans need to create an unofficial one - I'd _really_ like to see an Improved version of every Basic Action card. My OCD demands it!

(Well, technically, since cards #2 and #5 are just copies of cards #1 and #4, I could just copy the existing Improved versions of these, but that would be rather boring...)

I'm currently rather enthusiastic about Mage Knight again after a long hiatus. I think it wouldn't be _that_ hard to come up with an additional Mage Knight mechanically. I don't have a clue about the Mage Knight background/Lore, though.
Does anyone have some helpful links?

I've also been thinking about an improved dummy player, basically an intermediate step between the official dummy player and Volkare, i.e. a dummy player that actually moves across the map and kills monsters like a real player would...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lonny x
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:

I think we have seen the last expansion too. I'm sure their focus is on creating expansions for Star Trek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Nogueira
United States
Wallingford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
There are already quite a few Fan-expansions on here.
I ended up getting the Quest and Item shop expansions printed and am quite happy with how they play. Makes for more an adventure game spin for those who find their Mage Knight becoming too "abstract puzzle"-y

I wouldn't say its impossible for another expansion for this, but odds are very low, especially with Star Trek: Frontiers out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.