11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Any multiplayer god games where you control tribes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Metäl Warrior
Netherlands
flag msg tools
In addition to a dungeon crawl, my other Truly Amazing And Completely Original Idea™ set in the same world is a god game. The concept is a multiplayer card game where players play gods, and wage war against each other by indirectly controlling different tribes. Think multiplayer Populous.

I'm sure this has been done dozens of times on the tabletop, but the only game I found is Age of Gods.

Any others?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't use cards, try GodZ. Each player is one god controlling one faction rather directly, but each action affects the next one you play, and you should plan accordingly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you settle for controlling separate football teams (rather tribal, at least their fans), there's Age of Soccer laugh

In Inis you have separate tribes, but the god powers are sort of on the side as far as I can tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Metäl Warrior
Netherlands
flag msg tools
JadedGamer wrote:
If you settle for controlling separate football teams (rather tribal, at least their fans), there's Age of Soccer laugh

Hmm, that's brilliant: my concept is like a team manager game in a sense!

I've been thinking of picking up Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game as I love Blood Bowl, now I have yet another reason to do so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lee
United States
East Meadow
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gheos was decent but is a very fast game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing Gods: The Board Game of Divine Domination, take it or leave it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

I don't think it's described that way, but it is effectively what you do in Small World.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Age of Mythology: The Boardgame
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carel Teijgeler
Netherlands
Vlaardingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PnP a problem?

No, then take a look at Fallen Kingdoms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Metäl Warrior
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Thanks for all the suggestions! None of the games are even close to what I have in mind which is good - and a bit surprising -, but I'll take a closer look at a few of them.

tanik wrote:

I don't think it's described that way, but it is effectively what you do in Small World.

The way they mix the special power with the race is a nice mechanic. I had a roughly similar idea, but it was fixed so you'd always have Elves be the cowards, for example. Separating them adds replayability, I'll have to consider that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
derp de doo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chess if you use your imagination. =P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.