Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
Google "Gloom of Kilforth"!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, how we all doing?

Few things to get through this time around...

Contracts signed!

There's so little left to do! The contracts have now been officially signed with the lovely folks at Panda and they're eagerly awaiting our final art and graphics files, with most of the wooden and cardboard tokens already complete and submitted. We are closing in on finishing all the art and graphics, and we have enlisted a new graphics hero - the mighty Daz Marks - to the team to speed things along. I really wanted the big news this month to be that we had submitted the final files already. We haven't. But it's so close at this point I can taste the printer ink.

US Retailer confirmed!

GLGames is now currently the sole retailer for Gloom of Kilforth in the US. If you're based in the US and reading this and you haven't yet backed the game (say whaaat??) get in touch with the lovely Michael at GLGames (KS user GLGamesMike) and he'll be sure to sort you out with a pre-order.

Late Pledges now available!

If you're anywhere NOT in the US and you haven't backed the game yet (say whaaaaaaaaaaaaat??) contact me directly and I'll sort you out. Sort you out good and proper I will. I have a limited run of extra copies remaining for pre-order that won't be allocated to retailers, so snap em up whilst you can - when they're gone, they're gone.

Final Rules!

Massive thanks to all of you who have contributed feedback and eagle-eyed typo spotting with the rules. It's been really satisfying to see all those criticisms dwindling with each new iteration and we now have a solid structure for the final layout. So, a final copy of the rules will be uploaded soon including graphics and ting.

Two Unnamed Legends!

This is the last call for the two Legend backers who still haven't named their cards - I have sent you individual emails and messages, if you don't respond asap I'll have to go ahead and name the cards without you so please get in touch asap.

Address Surveys!

Okay, so we're not shipping just yet, as we've discussed previously it's going to be next year (hopefully earlier next year) but let's get these addresses all inputted now and as up to date as you can manage. I'm leaving it open so you can change your address if necessary, but if you are moving consider using a friend's, relative's or work address that will remain fixed. The quicker we can get ahead of ourselves on this the better. So, surveys are going out this week, be sure to fill yours in, and let me know directly if you have any outstanding address situation difficulties.

Flavour text proof-reading with Steph Wasson!

Huge shout out to Stephanie Wasson for all her awesome work on helping me tidy up (and in some cases even rewrite) the flavour text, assisting both grammatically and creatively. Steph's feedback was so helpful she kindly agreed to jump in full tilt to go through all of our flavour text with a fine toothed comb to check for orthographically challenged typos and, like, tenses and stuffs. We actually wrapped all of that up today, so big thanks to Steph!

One last art preview!

Ania is right now making the final push to wrap up the card art and then there will be one last piece - the box cover!! When that arrives it's going to hit harder than the stuff Gary Oldman keeps taking in the movie Léon.

So I've basically spoilt the heck out of this game already and you need to explore our incredible world with fresh and teary eyes once the game arrives in your hands. With that in mind, and in the interest of being coy I'm going to stop with the art spoilers from now on.

Okay, just one more...

Take care y'all!

Tristan xx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a Canadian retailer!? Come on... you can do it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mário Sousa
Spain
Barcelona (currently)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great stuff thumbsup
I think yours are the only updates I REALLY read with full attention, Tristan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When is the next KS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
US Retailer confirmed!

GLGames is now currently the sole retailer for Gloom of Kilforth in the US. If you're based in the US and reading this and you haven't yet backed the game (say whaaat??) get in touch with the lovely Michael at GLGames (KS user GLGamesMike) and he'll be sure to sort you out with a pre-order.

Tristan was very kind to mention us, and just to add on to that, we have it available for pre-order for $64.95 here in the BGG Marketplace. We ordered 200 (yes, 200) copies, and will run some advertisements on Facebook and here on BGG as we get closer to fulfillment.

We have some other news that we think will be exciting to share about games we are importing to the US. Stay tuned for more information in the next month or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But only 199 available!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent DePonte
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Will the "retail" copies include the stretch goals?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Berjano
United Kingdom
Kenilworth
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome update Tristan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:

I’d love one! Know any??

mspider_89 wrote:
Great stuff thumbsup
I think yours are the only updates I REALLY read with full attention, Tristan

Bless you Mário, you’re too kind.

whiskemuscles wrote:
When is the next KS?

1066, Tears To Many Mothers is prepped and ready to go – you’ll have to stop me from hitting the Go button the second your copies of GoK land in your laps. And there’s always the GoK expansions KS, maybe even next year…

GreenLaborMike wrote:
Tristan was very kind to mention us, and just to add on to that, we have it available for pre-order for $64.95 here in the BGG Marketplace. We ordered 200 (yes, 200) copies, and will run some advertisements on Facebook and here on BGG as we get closer to fulfillment.

Thanks again for your support Michael – I’ll just drop this here for any US folks who’d like to late pledge:
https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/product/801488

martimer wrote:
But only 199 available!

You hero!

FellintoOblivion wrote:

Yes, everything is being printed together as Michael was essentially a megabacker. The 3 Kickstarter exclusive promo cards will never be printed again after this though.

jesberpen wrote:
Awesome update Tristan!

Thanks Jesus - it will be ace if we can play with a ‘proper’ copy at the expo next year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FellintoOblivion wrote:

Tristan beat me to the punch, but yes, all the copies we are selling will include all the stretch goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:
Logus Vile wrote:

I’d love one! Know any??

boardgamebliss.com regularly stocks imported games. For a while, they were the only place to get Assault on Doomrock in North America. Plus, I don't live far from their brick and mortar store either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every time I see that Rock Body art, I desperately look for a Bat-symbol hidden in the rock on his chest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:
Logus Vile wrote:

I’d love one! Know any??

boardgamebliss.com regularly stocks imported games. For a while, they were the only place to get Assault on Doomrock in North America. Plus, I don't live far from their brick and mortar store either.

Well, I've sent them an email so we'll see.

Praxus wrote:
Every time I see that Rock Body art, I desperately look for a Bat-symbol hidden in the rock on his chest.

It's there. Keep looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.