Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Thief's Cloak rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dax is
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before or after your activation, you may discard 1 success token to choose 1 enemy engaged with you. That enemy retreats.

Can this be used multiple times on the same activation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you can use it multiple times since the Sleeping Warren location card has similar wording and I remember seeing a ruling somewhere that said you can perform the "do this 1 thing to get this 1 thing" action as long as you have the ability to pay the cost. Sorry I can't cite any sources, but I remember it clearly because I had initially argued that the wording intended that you only get one chance to do the action and I was wrong.

Edit: Added the correct name of the location card I was referencing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The analogy to another ruling isn't enough to convince me since I haven't seen that ruling and the card seems to pretty clearly suggest the opposite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the post I was referring to: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1516134/rules-answered-...

A FFG rep answered the questions that Martin asked and you can see their ruling on question 2 regarding the Sleeping Warren. As far as whether the same logic applies to the Thief's Cloak, I don't know, but there is a precedent set for being able to perform an action like that more than once if you can pay the cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.