Tragedy Looper» Forums » Rules

Subject: About Paranoia Virus Subplot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Manuel Larios Alonso
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Hello! Today, I noticed that this subplot doesn't say the same in the manual and in the reference sheet.
From the manual: "All Persons with more than 3 Paranoia on them turn into Serial Killers."
From the reference sheet: "All Persons with at least 3 Paranoia turn into Serial Killers."

So, which one is correct?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
I haven't read the original Japanese version, but having played the script(s) in which Paranoia Virus appears I'm pretty sure it has to be the "At least 3" version, or else at least one of those script(s) wouldn't really be balanced. Specifically,
Spoiler (click to reveal)
In Script 8 of the base game, the loops are very short and the protagonists can only win by turning characters into Serial Killers. Due to Threads of Fate many characters will start at 2 Paranoia, so getting them to 3 is doable, but pushing them to 4 and then actually using them in the space of four days would be unreasonably difficult to the point where it would be a taboo; even at 3 it's a hard script.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
The correct is three or more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Larios Alonso
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.