Popular Tags: [View All]
vorname nachname
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Will there be a reprint or retheming (Star Wars) coming?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
Not Oswald!!!
badge
Vic Mackey
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooooo! This topic again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There already is. It's called Rebellion and actually fits Star Wars theme rather than having it pasted on to a game that already has a perfectly wonderful and creative universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colm McCarthy
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kackarschen wrote:
Will there be a reprint or retheming (Star Wars) coming?

Yes. Muppet Babies. Scheduled Q2 2017, with the first expansion - Remnants of the Snuffalupagi - tentatively slated for Q4 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG's site lists the base game reprint as "on the boat." The expansions are listed as "awaiting reprint." There's no reason to think that there's a new edition pending (the base-game reprint says it's not). Star Wars: Rebellion is probably as close to a re-theme as there'll be in the short term (well, that and Runewars, which has been out for several years), and it's a pretty good one. It's not really a straight port so much as a system that borrows elements from TI:3, such as how systems are activated and how units in owner-activated systems are pinned for the duration of the turn (under normal circumstances).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
There already is. It's called Rebellion and actually fits Star Wars theme rather than having it pasted on to a game that already has a perfectly wonderful and creative universe.

Except for the fact that Rebellion has almost nothing mechanically in common with Twilight Imperium.

That said, I don't see TI3 changing anytime soon, nor does it need to But Rebellion is definitely NOT a stand-in for TI3 for a variety of reasons. (Though Rebellion is an excellent game!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There won't be a new edition until they finish the helper app to go along with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing is certain (I mean, it is not, but I sure hope so). If there is a new edition of this game, they will have different miniature shapes for each of the races. Core game will have like 4 races only and all the others will be sold via expansion pack of 4 races each.

It really boggles my mind when I look at my supposedly "plant army" from The Arborec and they are all the same as the humans. Not that it takes anything away from the game itself, but I'm sure if there is ever a new edition, this is how they'll do it, since this is how the market is today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While that would be cool, I'm sure it would also drastically increase the cost of the game. It's much cheaper to use the same mold for each color

Plus, in the base set, instead of 6 sets of ships (for 6 colors), you'd have 10 sets of ships, and each expansion would have to come with a whole new set of ships for each faction.

While I think I'd probably buy it, it would definitely make it a more limited buying option for many people, and it's already got a very high pricepoint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I neither need nor want a retheme of TI in the Star Wars universe. It's brought up every few months, and honestly — why? The mechanics of TI don't really fit with the Star Wars conflict or factions, which have pretty much topped out at three in other SW strategy games (Rebel, Imperial, Scum). Let TI be its own thing. There's plenty of Star Wars games out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz S
msg tools
mb
Keep away star wars from my beloves Twilight Imperium universe. All which we want is new and last expansion. Wit 3-4 new races and 3-4 big scenarios. Maybe new techs for flagship or dreadnought. Twilight Imperium is perfect game. I don't see things which is not in game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Horne
United States
Whitehall
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mr. Axle can do all for you.
badge
Apologize again!
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
There won't be a new edition until they finish the helper required app to go along with it.

Fixed that for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just not seeing a flood of obligatory apps coming down the line at this point. There are exactly two app-requiring games in FFG's lineup so far: XCOM and MoM2. Both of them have gameplay that lends itself well to a program taking the part of a Keeper-type character (that is, playing the part of "the game"). There haven't been any other games requiring an app even announced at this point, including DOOM, which looks to use a card-based AI like Gears of War, which an app could easily duplicate. And yet, no app! So I think assuming a new TI edition—a game built entirely around conflict between players—would require an app is rather premature.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vorname nachname
Germany
flag msg tools
Das ist ein ÜberBadge.
badge
Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I stirred up a hornets' nest. *escape* ....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
It's brought up every few months, and honestly — why?

Because one day...the entirety of FFG's range will consist of nothing but Star Wars and Warhammer 40,000 based games. Until they acquire the licence to do Marvel based games.

Of course I jest. But just a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nath1975 wrote:
Because one day...the entirety of FFG's range will consist of nothing but Star Wars and Warhammer 40,000 based games.
It definitely won't consist of Warhammer stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
While that would be cool, I'm sure it would also drastically increase the cost of the game. It's much cheaper to use the same mold for each color :)

Plus, in the base set, instead of 6 sets of ships (for 6 colors), you'd have 10 sets of ships, and each expansion would have to come with a whole new set of ships for each faction.

While I think I'd probably buy it, it would definitely make it a more limited buying option for many people, and it's already got a very high pricepoint.

TI3 - Collectors Edition

I do not think we would ever see such an edition while this game remains under FFG. These days, to say that TI3 is FFG's "Flagship" game is to me, holding onto outdated sentiments. I am sure that their licensed games (and collectible format games) are at the forefront of their agendas, planning and allocation of resources. I am sure that TI3 will eventually go the way of War of the Ring (second edition). That being, to another publisher willing to make it their own. Actually, I hope that is what will happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nath1975 wrote:
I am sure that TI3 will eventually go the way of War of the Ring (second edition). That being, to another publisher willing to make it their own. Actually, I hope that is what will happen.
Definitely not going to happen. Twilight Imperium is the first game FFG published and it is Christian's baby (Christian Petersen, CEO of FFG). I am pretty sure they would go out of business before they sold the IP to another publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nath1975 wrote:
I am sure that TI3 will eventually go the way of War of the Ring (second edition). That being, to another publisher willing to make it their own. Actually, I hope that is what will happen.

I actually would be very surprised if that happened. FFG was not the "inventor" of War of the Ring, just the publisher/distributer. I don't think FFG really sold it off because I don't think they owned the IP, but the original company (Nexus? I thinK?) went under/was bought out/whatever, and Ares picked it up.

TI3 is FFG's in-house property and creating. And I still think it can be a flagship game, even if it's not on the forefront. Of the games that FFG made back in 2005, I think it's the only one still going strong in terms of printing and selling, and really, nothing really personifies FFG than TI3.

I can see other licenses changing hands, but I don't think the TI3 universe or the Terrinoth universe ever would.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:

I can see other licenses changing hands, but I don't think the TI3 universe or the Terrinoth universe ever would.

This. A sure way to create issues for your company is to have your flagship product be at the whims of someone else's control. FFG is skirting dangerously close to that line, but they're still developing in-house IPs for the eventual end of their Star Wars license.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I would like a collectors ed and a new expansion but to be honest i dont know what should be in it...maybe a new combat system a la rebellion or forbidden stars...maybe some sort of sharing tech or some diplomacy partnering..dont really want more races just want more for the ones we have allready...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mordai wrote:
I would like a collectors ed and a new expansion but to be honest i dont know what should be in it...maybe a new combat system a la rebellion or forbidden stars...maybe some sort of sharing tech or some diplomacy partnering..dont really want more races just want more for the ones we have allready...

Fair enough, I want the reverse of you - more races, more techs, maybe a new class of ships. Print the Living rulebook.

That's all I could ever want for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Pay attention FFG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this thread comes up all the time

it seems to me there is good demand for this product

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Inkpen
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually the thread comes up and gets shot down 10:1 regularly. There is clearly a weight of opinion NOT to have a retheme or new edition...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.