Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
My KS just arrived (in Czech Republic).
While the game is generally pretty cool looking, I am noting some
miniature problems.
The Time Bender for example still suffers from a lot of blobbiness
(while probably much better than the horrible photos of the first run I have seen).
Shooters have two guns on their card while only one can be identified on the mini and the other side of the mini just has some strange blobby feature (as if the second arm was absorbed into the body).
I also note that Biters literally differ from their card, KS render and this preview
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1374825/preview-project-eli...
by having their arms not outstretched, but "in their pockets".
This makes the pose much less dynamic and interesting and ensures that arms blend with the body a little. Should I consider this misleading advertising?

Does everybody who just received the KS has the same problems or I am in the minority?
The minis are obviously bit worse than expected and I would like to know what is considered bad enough to warant replacement.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka Kovač Plavi
Croatia
Našice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you thing you'll be able to get replacements if these that you have are standard minis?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:
How do you thing you'll be able to get replacements if these that you have are standard minis?

Exactly. It's a design issue, not sample variation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Avtomatik wrote:

Yes, you are right that it will be impossible to get replacement for the standart minis.
Biters seem to be this case.
Shooters however could possibly be miscast (they miss so much detail it does not look like design issue more like something that has to do with molding etc.).
The Time Bender even more so.

It is of course possible that Artipia produced all minis with this problems.
Then replacement is impossible, but we can still cry foul about the quality of minis.
I for example consider it a bad practice if you use other (cheaper, duller) designs than what you advertised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm personally very happy with the minis, and you never notice what they look like when you're playing the game and throwing them all over the place!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe put up some pictures so we can tell you if they're miscast or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.