Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Florian S.
Germany
Berlin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just FYI: In the last hours there was news that the South Korean HANJIN shipping company has declared bankruptcy. Unfortunately, one of the two ships the games for European backers are currently on is the HANJIN AFRICA.

The news is that the ships now are been declined access to ports worldwide in fear that expenses won't be covered.

(source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-01/hanjin-s-s...)

That may or may not result in further delay in delivery.

Let's hope for the best.

EDIT: in hindsight - should have posted that in NEWS.

EDIT2: As someone just posted in the Kickstarter comments:
"South Korea's maritime ministry said on Wednesday that Hanjin's woes would affect cargo exports for two or three months, with about 540,000 TEU of cargo already loaded on Hanjin vessels and facing delays." - http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/31/hanjin-shipping-vessel-unable...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh goodie...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as I hope to get my game, please spare a thought for the crews of all these ships who are basically now stuck at sea with only the supplies they have. No one will let the ships port because they know Hanjin can't pay the fees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Favre
Switzerland
Sion
Valais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh god cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Sapage
msg tools
This will also hurt CMON because of Essen. Let's see how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I work in shipping and I don't want to worry you too much, but here's hoping my pledge is on the apl vessel coz God only knows when you'll get it (if at all) if it's on the hanjin one. We have over twenty cntrs stuck at UK ports with no idea when or if we will ever get the goods, some of our customers are contemplating 're ordering whole cntrs worth of goods to replace. This has never happened on this scale before so here hoping the creditors and receivers can sort something out soon. As last I checked hanjin Africa was on its way to suez canal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cinos
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah 50/50, my nemesis. We meet again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United Kingdom
Ipswich
flag msg tools
Sucks for those people...

But to be frank this whole KS has been a shamble for Euro backers.

I am moving house on the 14th September. CMON won't change my delivery address as I have emailed them.

But was thinking might just be okay with my old landlord alerting me within a week if the parcel comes.

But now, it could be another 3-4 months - not actually an issue except I will be long gone.

I may have to sadly just request a refund. I really want this game like crazy but can't risk losing the money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Baker
France
Rennes
flag msg tools
Thanks you for the info, really hoping for a CMoN message about this at this point.
Tbh this excuse about EU delay because of German holidays has aleady been a slap in our face.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederik Wunderlich
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hope I am lucky and my stuff is on the APL Merlion, hopefully they put the stuff for the Spiel etc on the first one, at this point I have had it, the August is off in Europe bullshit was just enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious if other KS deliveries of other campaigns are also on this ship...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian S.
Germany
Berlin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
I guess there is the stuff for Essen SPIEL on board, like Bloodborne etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norway
Bergen
Not Applicable
flag msg tools
shake another article about it: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/sep/02/hanjin-ship...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're starting to get figures for what UK ports want prior to releasing held cntrs, (I'm not going to quote figures as I'm sure all ports will charge differently) and its gonna be interesting to see if cmon ask for more shipping monies from backers (myself included) to cover these unexpected costs if they also vet hit with them when the hanjin Africa arrives. Here's hoping even mire these are destined for essen. Come on cmon tell us backers what is going on, as they know what's in each cntrs so should easily be able to let us know where we stand at this point, from what I can see on kickstarter they are taking quite a bashing for lack of info. Also I notice on Facebook they are looking g for people to fill customer service position
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Favre
Switzerland
Sion
Valais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
People are totally crazy in KS coments surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kidd
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest update:

"Hello Sinners!
As many of you may have heard, Hanjin Shipping Co. has declared bankruptcy. As one of the world's top ten largest container lines, this news has justifiably caused a lot of anxiety around the globe. You can read more about it in news articles such as this.
Like other companies, we do not have much information about the possible delays for the Hanjin vessel where our EU container of The Others is booked on. We are in contact with our freight forwarders, and as soon as we have more information we will post another update.
Rest assured, we are committed to getting The Others into your hands, and if it turns out we have to send another container, we will. Like the port strikes in the USA last year that delayed some of our shipments, this is something that is out of our hands. But you can be sure we will do all we can to get your pledges to you as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Have FAITH!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's really as good an update as we could have asked for
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has any of the kickstarter backers who've received the game still got original shipping carton they received and if so would they mind postings the dims please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acehawkster1973 wrote:
Has any of the kickstarter backers who've received the game still got original shipping carton they received and if so would they mind postings the dims please.

What are dims?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DIMENSIONS length x breadth x height of external carton (doesn't matter if in inchs or cms (i'll convert it to what i need))

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Johnson
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
36x36x58 cm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
are you sure thats a complete kickstarter pledge size as it seems a bit small with all the extra sins and teams and apocolypse ? that looks like just a base game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Johnson
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
Base pledge, Gamma Team, Delta Team, Men of Faith, Apocalypse, plastic token pack, and corruption pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N. P. P.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If only they hadn't invented that August holiday...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Huygen
msg tools
mbmbmb
Rancemeister wrote:
Latest update:

"Have FAITH!"

I wish I had Faith...... and Greed and Lust and Gluttony and Sloth and the Hell club and all other stuff....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.