6 Posts

Labyrinth: The War on Terror, 2001 – ?» Forums » Rules

Subject: Withdrawing troops out of a country rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Horst Benatzky
msg tools
Hello gamers,

I am just learning the game and there is this situation in an islamist country: Governance is neutral and poor / no cells present / 5 troops present / US posture is soft.

Is it now allowed to withdraw the troops out of the country back to the track or directly into another country?

Problem is the US has to do everything to get prestige (Prestige is on absloute low) and no cells around to disrupt. Cells are in another countries so I would like to place my troops there for disrupt actions.

Any help will be appreciated :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Bob
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the islamist country has a Regime Change marker;

7.3.5 Withdraw. Withdraw is a second special type of Deploy operation.
It requires the US to be at Soft Posture and to have troops in a
Regime Change country (7.3.4.1). Play a 3-value card (may include
Reserves, 6.3.3.1) and:
• Deploy any number troops out of the Regime Change country
(regardless of cells present).
• Remove any Aid markers there.
• Place a Besieged Regime marker there (if there is not one
already).
• Roll Prestige.
NOTE: The Regime Change marker remains.

If it's not a country with a Regime Change marker then your troops are free to DEPLOY to another location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Withdraw is only from a Regime Change country. And Regime Change countries are only ones with Islamist Rule government (excepting the Libya and Iraq WMD events). Based on your description, it seems you mean your troops are in a Muslim country with Poor governance, not Islamist Rule, and hence, no Regime Change. Therefore, you may Deploy troops as per the Deploy operation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wolfen2000 wrote:
Problem is the US has to do everything to get prestige (Prestige is on absloute low) and no cells around to disrupt. Cells are in another countries so I would like to place my troops there for disrupt actions.

You can also conduct War of Ideas in non-Muslim countries, and if the result (Hard of Soft posture) matches that of the US, you gain a Prestige. This can be conducted on untested or countries that already have a posture. And the prestige is gained even if the posture didn't change.

If Prestige is rock-bottom, then also consider playing events that cause a Prestige roll, since it can't go down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horst Benatzky
msg tools
Thanx so much for all your good advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Latto
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wolfen2000 wrote:
Hello gamers,

I am just learning the game and there is this situation in an islamist country: Governance is neutral and poor / no cells present / 5 troops present / US posture is soft.

Is it now allowed to withdraw the troops out of the country back to the track or directly into another country?

Remember when moving your troops to another country that the country you are moving to must be an ally.

How did you get troops into a neutral country? The country must have been an ally to move them in unless it was a regime change. So the only ways I can see to bring about the situation you describe are:

1. US moves 5 troops into an ally country, some event then changes the country to neutral.

2. US moves 6 or more troops into an Islamist rule country (when US hard), then moves 1 troop out (either when there are no terrorist cells present, or after getting governance to Good, or when US soft as a Withdraw action), and then some event changes the country to Neutral.

These are both pretty unusual, so I suspect you may have missed the rule that you can only move troops in to a US ally (or as a Regime change, which will result in the country being a US ally afterwards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.