$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 121.83

7,315 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
46.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Adam Boyers
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I searched the rules forum for this question, but apologies if it's been answered elsewhere...

The Goblins' "Cave-In" Secret and the Dragon's "Wrath" Power both allow the player to remove tiles. IF tiles are removed pre-collapse and IF this action exposes lit tile edges, are new dark tiles played to those lit edges?

Followup question:

The Dragon's "Wrath" Power makes it clear which tiles are collapsed. But I'm less sure which tiles can be collapsed by the Goblins' "Cave-In" Secret. Do the Goblins have to follow the normal Cave collapse rules, i.e., first remove tiles touching by one edges, then two? Or can the Goblins remove any tiles arbitrarily?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
Boyo wrote:
I searched the rules forum for this question, but apologies if it's been answered elsewhere...

The Goblins' "Cave-In" Secret and the Dragon's "Wrath" Power both allow the player to remove tiles. IF tiles are removed pre-collapse and IF this action exposes lit tile edges, are new dark tiles played to those lit edges?
Before the collapse, open edges are always filled no matter how it happened or which player caused it. The removed tiles (except for crystal tiles) are added to the bottom of the stack.

Once the collapse has begun, open edges remain open.


Quote:
The Dragon's "Wrath" Power makes it clear which tiles are collapsed. But I'm less sure which tiles can be collapsed by the Goblins' "Cave-In" Secret. Do the Goblins have to follow the normal Cave collapse rules, i.e., first remove tiles touching by one edges, then two? Or can the Goblins remove any tiles arbitrarily?
Goblins can choose to Cave-in any tiles they want, with the exception of tiles with other players on them or tiles with (unsmashed) crystal tokens on them.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woelf wrote:
Before the collapse, open edges are always filled no matter how it happened or which player caused it. The removed tiles (except for crystal tiles) are added to the bottom of the stack.

One thing to add, make sure you remove ALL tiles affected by a single Wrath power / Cave-in card BEFORE filling empty spaces (i.e DO NOT remove 1, then fill spaces, then remove the next).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Boyers
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.