$18.00
The Hotness
Games|People|Company
The Hotness has gone cold...
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 119.93

7,233 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
45.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
43 
 Thumb up
 Hide
23 Posts

Mombasa» Forums » News

Subject: MOMBASA WINS GAME OF THE YEAR - JOGO ANO SPIEL PORTUGAL ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nuno Bizarro Sentieiro
Portugal
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
BRASIL - SPIEL 16 !!
badge
#NBS#
mbmbmbmbmb
Mombasa is the winner of Game of the Year Spiel Portugal 2016 !

Congratulations to all involved in the project !




Hall of Fame - Game of the Year (Jogo do Ano) - Spiel Portugal

2016 - Mombasa - Alexander Pfister
2015 - La Granja - Michael Keller (II), Andreas "ode." Odendahl
2014 - Nations - Rustan Håkansson, Nina Håkansson, Einar Rosén and Robert Rosén
2013 - Keyflower - Richard Breese and Sebastian Bleasdale
2012 - Ora et Labora - Uwe Rosenberg
2011 - Troyes - Sébastien Dujardin, Xavier Georges and Alain Orban
2010 - Maria - Richard Sivél
2009 - Agricola - Uwe Rosenberg
2008 - Brass - Martin Wallace
2007 - Imperial - Mac Gerdts

36 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful. Well deserved.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo Soares
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, well deserved!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations. I´m so convinced it´s a great game I bought I just saw it. Still on my shelf awaiting to see the table.

Hopefully soon!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asian North American Playing Euro Games In Africa
Niger
Niamey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game, well-deserved!

I wonder, though, if they nominate their own countrymen, such as Nuno Sentieiro, Paulo Soledade and Vital Lacerda? Or is it because they are also part of the panel of judges so there would be conflict of interest?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
For the first time in 108 years, the Cubs are world champions! Incredible game 7 victory over a valiant Cleveland team.
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent choice from an extraordinary collection of nominated games, Nuno. My three favorite games of the year are Marco Polo, Mombasa, and Grand Austria Hotel, all among your nominees, so you guys really did a great job this year! Then again, your winner is always a great game. Terrific job!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
costa
Portugal
Vieira de Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Winsplod wrote:
Great game, well-deserved!

I wonder, though, if they nominate their own countrymen, such as Nuno Sentieiro, Paulo Soledade and Vital Lacerda? Or is it because they are also part of the panel of judges so there would be conflict of interest?


That's right
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
costa
Portugal
Vieira de Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to all nominees and to everyone involved in the making of Mombasa
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Maillard
France
Flers
Orne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Hall of Fame, but... but... where are portugueses designers ?? Vital, Nuno, Paulo and their games (Vinhos, Madeira, Nippon...). Brazil in 2017 !
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
costa
Portugal
Vieira de Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FitzChevalery wrote:
Great Hall of Fame, but... but... where are portugueses designers ?? Vital, Nuno, Paulo and their games (Vinhos, Madeira, Nippon...). Brazil in 2017 !


Since Paulo and Nuno are members and founders of the Spiel Portugal Team, which is responsible for the atribuition of this reward, their games are not considered for it, nor will any other game designed or developed by any other member of this group.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So many great games and now Mombasa also on this list! Very happy, thank you!!
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmb
Nice work Portuguese fellas.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
www.rededejogos.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Nice work Portuguese fellas.


As always if i may add!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmb
Oblivion wrote:
Big Bad Lex wrote:
Nice work Portuguese fellas.


As always if i may add!


You may.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
For the first time in 108 years, the Cubs are world champions! Incredible game 7 victory over a valiant Cleveland team.
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
So many great games and now Mombasa also on this list! Very happy, thank you!!

It's such a well deserved honor, Alex. Mombasa continues to get a lot of play in my group (we played it last night, as a matter of fact) and we love it. It's a brilliant design. Keep cranking out those great games. Who knows, maybe next year, Great Western Trail will be on this list as well!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
AlexP wrote:
So many great games and now Mombasa also on this list! Very happy, thank you!!

It's such a well deserved honor, Alex. Mombasa continues to get a lot of play in my group (we played it last night, as a matter of fact) and we love it. It's a brilliant design. Keep cranking out those great games. Who knows, maybe next year, Great Western Trail will be on this list as well!

Thanks, Larry. Yes, I think Great Western Trail is of similar weight.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Puresand
Finland
flag msg tools
Well deserved win.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Abrunhosa
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FitzChevalery wrote:
Great Hall of Fame, but... but... where are portugueses designers ?? Vital, Nuno, Paulo and their games (Vinhos, Madeira, Nippon...). Brazil in 2017 !


You can found them here...

Congratulations great choice!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Inner West Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not played it yet but surprised Trickerion didn't make the nominees list for this list. Still some solid games got represented. I hope this award gains greater notoriety as the Germans could learn a thing or two from your panel.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Bizarro Sentieiro
Portugal
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
BRASIL - SPIEL 16 !!
badge
#NBS#
mbmbmbmbmb
philtrees wrote:
Not played it yet but surprised Trickerion didn't make the nominees list for this list. Still some solid games got represented. I hope this award gains greater notoriety as the Germans could learn a thing or two from your panel.


Trickerion was nominated... ☺
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/210630/item/4708719#i...

Thanks
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spiel Portugal is the best gaming award....Mombasa is in excellent company! Congrats...now I really must get this played.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Inner West Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sentieiro wrote:
philtrees wrote:
Not played it yet but surprised Trickerion didn't make the nominees list for this list. Still some solid games got represented. I hope this award gains greater notoriety as the Germans could learn a thing or two from your panel.


Trickerion was nominated... ☺
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/210630/item/4708719#i...

Thanks


Oh I saw a different list then. Must be a different award from Portugal... Had more like 7 nominees. Can't believe it didn't win then...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Abrunhosa
Portugal
Aveiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philtrees wrote:
Sentieiro wrote:
philtrees wrote:
Not played it yet but surprised Trickerion didn't make the nominees list for this list. Still some solid games got represented. I hope this award gains greater notoriety as the Germans could learn a thing or two from your panel.


Trickerion was nominated... ☺
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/210630/item/4708719#i...

Thanks


Oh I saw a different list then. Must be a different award from Portugal... Had more like 7 nominees. Can't believe it didn't win then...


Yes Phil, you saw a different list indeed.

My comment it's an answer to FitzChevalery as the quote indicates!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.