Subject: So how many total releases are planned? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Buhr
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression that there is a new expansion due out in October (Jack the Ripper themed), and that sometime after that there would be a reprint of SHCD with new, matching artwork in 2017. I asked the below question on the Ystari website: Will the reprint of the original SHCD with the new artwork be released before or after the Jack the Ripper expansion?

"Do I need to play the original SHCD before diving into the Jack the Ripper expansion due out in October? I want to get both but with the same artwork, thanks!"

Their response:
Hi,
After the release of the “Jack box”; you can start with that box, of course. To get the 3 boxes with the same artwork, buy that box then wait for the others in 2017. Thanks.

My question now is what is the 3rd box? I feel like I am really missing something and have been patiently waiting for the right moment to jump into this game, but my OCD is going to hate not having the updated artwork on all items.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel B
France
Paris
flag msg tools
I'm just a villager! Believe me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think all your questions are answered on my other thread here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blank Francis
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's awesome that our French-speaking community here on BGG has been able to translate the news (thanks, Emmanuel B), but I feel like this whole confusing release schedule could have been clarified ages ago by a simple English language announcement from Ystari/Space Cowboys.

Isn't it weird that there's been only crumbs of news from the publisher, sometimes vaguely or contraditorily worded, mostly received in the comment section of the Ystari website, when these are shiny new releases in a successful product line with many existing fans?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blank Francis
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone coming across this thread late, this video (finally) gives a timeline for the new releases:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.