Subject: Solo Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Hi - when you guys run a solo tournament - what do you do?

Do you play a mini league?

Also - do your teams keep the cards they acquire during the buy rounds of each game or do you go back to the base team cards after each game has finished?

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fitzgerald
United States
Lafayette
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I have never seen a solo tournament. You always keep building your team throughout the first part of a tournament. You then would take your built team into the playoffs without any more buy rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Hey Mike thanks for the reply - love the game by the way.

So let me get this straight - you pick one team.

You do 1 or 2 buy rounds before or during the tournament?

Then once World Series starts - the teams are fixed? (no more buy rounds)

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you just want to play a standard solo game, right? I would stop using the term "tournament" since it's a bit deceptive.

For a normal difficulty solo game you do 2 buy rounds before you start playing to make your team a bit better.

Then you start the World Series and you still do a buy round between each game. If teams were fixed in the World Series, you would get clobbered - you need the buy rounds.

Your "opponent" in a solo game does not start out with a normal team. It starts with 15 free agents and never buys anyone new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
But I do want to run a tournament - I want to have say a mini league of 4 or 6 teams - they play off against each other and the top 2 go through to a series. That's what I mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well then, you're designing that yourself - there's not much point asking what the proper way to do it is. There is no solo style tournament in the rules and I haven't really heard of anyone trying this before.

Still, it's a fun idea - might be a bit too much work if you're only planning on running one of those teams yourself and having some sort of solo rules for the other 5 or 7 teams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Yes was just after suggestions that's all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.