47.7% of Goal | left

Support:

Jason Emme
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These were recently posted on Cosmic Encounter's facebook page.

Nanny

Klutz

Assistant

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tinney
Australia
Whyalla Jenkins
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the thematic idea behind Klutz, have to see how it plays out at the table. Also, best sex joke on an alien sheet since... Ace?
Ace wrote:
Judged not by their size, but by their peerless physical prowess

Nanny seems like it could be super not fun to play against (although admittedly not as bad as Evil Twin, that thing will break friendships and turn parent against child). The whole "Timeout" idea seems super group dependent and could fall very flat unless you have the right crowd. I understand that this is an argument that can be leveled against any alien or indeed against the whole game but Nanny requires a larger social buy in than almost any other power (in my opinion).
Don't get me wrong; I love this kind of thing in games (One of my favorite cards in Galaxy Trucker is the Security Guard which forces other players to stop building and run around the table twice before continuing to build), however I can see this whole "no longer participate in the game" thing rub some people the wrong way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been quite a while since the last review. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have waited very long for some news on Cosmic Eons.
Please, can we post news like "Three more Cosmic Eons aliens revealed!" in the News subforum?
Some people tailor their subscriptions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Emme
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited for Eons as well! I wasn't sure if this qualified as news, so that's why I posted this and the other previewed aliens topic in the general forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
I've requested that a moderator move the following three articles to the News subforum:

Four Eon aliens previewed - Oligarch, Evil Twin, Coward, and Sheriff!
Three more Cosmic Eons aliens revealed! Nanny, Klutz, and Assistant
New Alien Reveal: Crusher

EDIT: And it's done (thanks, Matthew!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Nanny, does the timeout end after the encounter is over, or is the timeout for the rest of the game??
I don't think a timeout for the rest of the game will go over well with most players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboyee wrote:
For Nanny, does the timeout end after the encounter is over, or is the timeout for the rest of the game??
"At the end of the timeout, the player returns the consequence card to you." - This would be pointless if the timeout would last for the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hallstrom
United States
Jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It strikes me that Nanny is a lot like Mite (do what I want or suffer a big penalty). The difference is that with Mite you can afford (most of the time) to risk the penalty. With Nanny the penalty = not fun. I abhor games with missing turns unless those turns are fleetingly quick.

With Cosmic this power would be a non-starter with my group. On the other hand, Clumsy, Evil Twin, Sheriff and Coward seem great. I'm particularly looking forward to Coward. I love the 'guess what I'm going to do' powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.