Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ngoc Hai Pham
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hi,
Can't wait till march, I'm trying to make a pnp version.
what's missing from the pnp version of the game comparing to the retail version?
Like cards, titles...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ngochai wrote:
Hi,
Can't wait till march, I'm trying to make a pnp version.
what's missing from the pnp version of the game comparing to the retail version?
Like cards, titles...?

To my knowledge, nothing (unless you're counting the wooden pieces or Omen draw bag). All cards, rules, and cardboard punch-out sheets (tiles, player markers, and tokens) are present in the PnP version.

Wooden cubes, Goblin population disks, and dice are the only pieces you'd need to add (and you can find the counts on the second page of the rules). The Thief dice is a standard D6.

The Dragon die is the only customized piece, and has the following sides:
1) center tile only
2) adjacent tiles (no center)
3) adjacent tiles with center
4) corner tiles (no center)
5) corner tiles with center.
6) surrounding tiles (no center)

You could easily use a dotted D6, with the center dot representing the center tile, sides with 2 corners (i.e. 2 and 3) representing adjacent tiles (without/with center), sides with 4 corners (i.e. 4 and 5) representing corners tiles (without/with center), and 6 being the surrounding cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Besides the supplies you provide (paper, ink, scissors, etc.) you will also need tokens to take the place of the counter cubes and wooden disks in the retail version.

I used the plastic gems from http://www.miniaturemarket.com/gps0043.html for both.

Oh, and a tip for cutting out the standees: leave about 0.5 inches at the very bottom to go in the stand, that way you don't lose any art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Furman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dsdhornet wrote:
The Dragon die is the only customized piece [...]. You could easily use a dotted D6 [...].

I had a grab bag of Chessex dice, and was lucky enough to have a large reddish/pinkish translucent one -- so I cut and pasted the sides on to that with the result of solid faces and translucent edges. Looks pretty cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
High Frontier PBF #17 - Failing spaceward!
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're in the Google Drive folder with the public PNP files, click on the "old" folder at the top and go to the very last page of one of the old tile sets for the faces of the Dragon Die (it's missing from the latest version).

The die faces are numbered 1-6 so you can roll a standard d6 if you don't want to make a custom one.

If you do make a custom die but don't want to print out and paste those images to a die, an easy alternative is to stick a piece of masking tape to each face of a die and then use two different-colored Sharpies to color in the faces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ngoc Hai Pham
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thank you guys, appreciate your input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.