Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scythe Automa: Worker Movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
In the "Illustration for Example 3: Move Worker action" two spaces with an asterisk are explained in the text on the bottom of the page as not being valid moves "because they're in the neighborhood of enemy combat units".

Between these two territories there are two territories marked with a 4 (w/a mech) and a 2 (w/a lake) that are also in the neighborhood of the enemy combat units. Why aren't they invalidated for being in the neighborhood of combat units?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Nieuwkoop
Netherlands
Klundert
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I recal correctly that is because the enemy unit cannot move onto that adjacent hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

I think you're right. Looking at the faction mat, the Crimean faction can only riverwalk to food or oil and the illustration shows wood and a lake, the latter of which only the Automa can enter. Thanks for the help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
antoi wrote:
If I recal correctly that is because the enemy unit cannot move onto that adjacent hex.

Thanks for your help, Anton. That is correct. In this example, the human player is playing Crimea which cannot travel onto the lake and its riverwalk allows it to travel across rivers to/from farms and tundra. Since the human character or mech cannot move to the spaces you mentioned (4 (w/a mech) and a 2 (w/a lake)) are not in the neighborhood of the human character or mech.

Cheers, David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton Nieuwkoop
Netherlands
Klundert
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DJStudley wrote:
antoi wrote:

Thanks for your help, Anton. That is correct. In this example, the human player is playing Crimea which cannot travel onto the lake and its riverwalk allows it to travel across rivers to/from farms and tundra. Since the human character or mech cannot move to the spaces you mentioned (4 (w/a mech) and a 2 (w/a lake)) are not in the neighborhood of the human character or mech.

Cheers, David

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.