Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dragon Fire - Three actions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Voss
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I apologize if this has been asked before but my searching didn't turn up anything.

Does it make sense that a player can discard the torch and bile as 1 action?

Otherwise to kill an abomination takes 3 actions
1 Equip Torch and Bile
2 Throw Bile
3 Throw Torch (everything dies)
4 (optional) Re-equip a weapon

This makes it quite an ordeal for a player not to mention that you need to find the items first, and forget about moving!

I understand the need to equip it, but I lean towards discarding the torch and bile as a single action (if they are both equipped)

I know I could house rule it but the other players are uncertain if this is a good idea or not.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carter
United States
Pacific
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's supposed to be an ordeal...it kills everything in the zone. Keep in mind that the Bile and Torch don't have to be used in the same turn, or even by the same survivor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it's not meant to be easy. The cards and rules are quite clear that two actions must be spent to throw each of the items.

Note that your first action might well have been a Search Action as well, as that gives you a free reorganisation, or it could even have been another Survivor trading with you that allowed you to move your Torch and Bile into your Hands. So it's more like 2.5 actions rather than 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3/4 action points is cheap in the grand scheme of what it can do.

Last game I played, a guy lit dragon fire in a zone with 47 zombies. His XP skyrocketed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yea... sorry, is meant to be play that way.. 3 actions, for the reasons guys said above

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Voss
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The rules call out these types of action events (lets call them) A reorganization action lets me swap out 1 or both weapons for something else. A trade action event lets me trade with a single survivor any number of items and change my loadout for a single action.

In line with this though wouldn't it make sense that you spend a single action to initiate a discard event, where you can then discard any number of items (from your hand) and drop both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards literally say to spend an Action to discard the cards. You can't use the same action to do both things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.