Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre Laurence
Canada
Ste-Therese
Quebec
flag msg tools
Good afternoon,

I am in the preparation stage of designing a gaming table, but I cannot find any side rail hinges, like the Brusso SR-301, in Canada.

I don't want to spend as much as the Brusso cost, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Geusebroek
Canada
St Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lee Valley gets you close: http://www.leevalley.com/en/Hardware/page.aspx?p=40574&cat=3...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Laurence
Canada
Ste-Therese
Quebec
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply. I had seen those in one of the table build threads, but there was no news on whether they have play or not due to the double hinge.

Have you tried them, or do you know if they have excess play due to the design?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Geusebroek
Canada
St Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't used them, but they look good and lee valley quality is usually very good. I would buy a set and experiment with them. I actually think this is a nicer hinge as it sits flush both up and down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Laurence
Canada
Ste-Therese
Quebec
flag msg tools
Thanks for the information. I will probably just order 1 and see what it is like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Xerses wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I had seen those in one of the table build threads, but there was no news on whether they have play or not due to the double hinge.

Have you tried them, or do you know if they have excess play due to the design?
Chris Chamberlain used these exact Lee Valley hinges in his table that he built. I had bought a bunch for myself and was worried exactly like you were about them having excess movement. I asked him to test them out and see if there was any movement. His response was while opening them there is a bit, but once open, they are very solid.

See the response here: Re: Building the Ultimate Gaming Table

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Laurence
Canada
Ste-Therese
Quebec
flag msg tools
Excellent, thank you for your help.

It is hard to believe that an item such as a side rail hing would be so rare and especially difficult to find in Canada. I don't get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.