1 Posts

1st & Goal» Forums » Rules

Subject: Big Play pass option rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gerald the old master
msg tools
mb
Every game has it's flaws. Rock paper scissors dice fest, it goes on and on. I realize that many post about this game being broken are because it seems no pass has a chance to be completed if you have almost any pass defense played against your offences pass play. The rules as written eliminates the 3rd and long pass against a pass defense. I see that. Well NOT anymore. I would propose the following house rule. I use a 20 sided die on all pass plays that are defended where you can only roll the (RED ,BLACK and Play die)or any( BLACK WHITE results).Call your play and get your result as the game says, then roll the 20 sided die and on 1-4 the pass is complete. Use the + or - result and add that to the play as follows.

1)Screen ,Button hook and short pass ,roll 1-4 on 20 side die use YELLOW die for final result + or - and breakaway included. X incomplete

2)Slant and medium pass, roll 1-4 use GREEN die for result + or - and breakaway included. X incomplete

3)Bomb roll 1-4 use GREEN and BLUE dice results for big play.+ or - and breakaway included. X incomplete.

This represents a 20% chance you will roll a 1-4 on the 20 sided die and the play can still work. X still is an incomplete pass. So the odds are a little less. All + or - results, penalties, turnovers and breakaways still apply to the original RED BLACK PLAY roll or BLACK WHITE rolls. You just incorporate it into the new results if it applies. To me it gives the possibility of the play still getting positive yardage. You see it all the time in football when the correct defense is called and the pass still gets caught. It's all probability and outcome. This keeps the game simple and flowing. It works much like the Hail Mary aspect of this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.