United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
This game sounds great. Is there any chance of an English language version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.-M. Frieg
Germany
Köln
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in fact it IS great. At least that is my opinion. And for me it is more a party game than codenames. But thats a subjective view.
Don't get me wrong, i like codenames, but it isn't a "party" game where i laugh all the time. With crazy wordz we had a whole lot more "laughs" during many plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't heard anything about that either and also agree that this is indeed a very fun one. Something that could be tried maybe:

The game could maybe be described as basically "reverse balderdash" because instead of definitions for not well known words you make nonexisting words for certain definitions, so maybe this could be played using the answersides from balderdash cards. In addition you could use some scrabble tiles (just have to sort them by consonants and vowels) or just write up some letters von paper.

Just a suggestion as this is really a fun one, would be great if someone made an english version, I think the game deseveres some spotlight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
ovis wrote:
Haven't heard anything about that either and also agree that this is indeed a very fun one. Something that could be tried maybe:

The game could maybe be described as basically "reverse balderdash" because instead of definitions for not well known words you make nonexisting words for certain definitions, so maybe this could be played using the answersides from balderdash cards. In addition you could use some scrabble tiles (just have to sort them by consonants and vowels) or just write up some letters von paper.

Just a suggestion as this is really a fun one, would be great if someone made an english version, I think the game deseveres some spotlight.

Thanks for that. I realise I already have Faux-cabulary which I could take the cards from and use scrabble tiles I guess. I'd just rather an off-the-shelf set where somebody had worked out the appropriate spread of letters for the English game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.