Support:

Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But not the one you're thinking of!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-irs-penalty-pam-...

Back in 2013, Trump's foundation sent a group supporting Pam Bondi (Florida AG) a check for $25,000. By pure coincidence, Bondi was at that time considering an investigation into Trump U. By further pure coincidence, after the check cleared, Bondi declined to investigate.

The upshot of all this is Trump pays $2,500 in a fine. Where are the Congressional hearings? Where is the Special Prosecutor? Where is the lame-stream media?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
So pay to play does exist?

And it's a crime?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
Oh. You failed to mention: it was investigated, and punishment handed out.

Soooo. What analogy were you making, again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

And it's a crime?

This doesn't sound like "pay-to-play" which isn't actually illegal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

And it's a crime?
So one candidate is a convicted criminal, and the other is not.

If I really thought that you did not get the point I would worry about you, it's obvious however that you are just disingenuous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
but where does the Clinton Foundation and Benghazi come into this narrative?

But Clinton did it too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a piddly nothing in comparison to the State Department being used as the front office of the thoroughly corrupt Clinton Foundation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
This is a piddly nothing in comparison to the State Department being used as the front office of the thoroughly corrupt Clinton Foundation.
Other then prosecution Vs accusation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

I can't imagine why Obama's thoroughly politicized DOJ hasn't gone after this, can you? shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

I can't imagine why Obama's thoroughly politicized DOJ hasn't gone after this, can you? :shake:
No real evidence of criminal acts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

I can't imagine why Obama's thoroughly politicized DOJ hasn't gone after this, can you? shake

Or . . . ??

C'mon, think . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

I can't imagine why Obama's thoroughly politicized DOJ hasn't gone after this, can you? :shake:

Or . . . ??

C'mon, think . . .
So lets see,

Person A has a link to organization B which receives money from group C that at some point subsequent to that gets favorable treatment form group D (that also has to get the OK from person E) that has links to person A.

No that is not evidence, that is nothign more then a sequence of events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, those damned Clintons. Giving millions to an organization that rates extremely highly with Charity Watch for spending its funds on projects, not overhead or fundraising. Not only that, they don't take any money from the foundation - not pay, not for travel, not for other expenses.

What a bunch of crooks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Yeah, those damned Clintons. Giving millions to an organization that rates extremely highly with Charity Watch for spending its funds on projects, not overhead or fundraising.

^ This is not at all true. They may rate high on Charity Watch, whatever that is, but only a tiny percentage of their funds are spend on actual charity.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/04/27/in-2013-the-clinton-foun...

As recently as last year, Charity Navigator had them on the "these groups are pretty damned sketchy" list. Suddenly that changed when Clinton ran for President.

Supposedly because the Clinton Foundation sent revised tax records for the past five years, and they were pressured to remove them. If that sounds a little too convenient, then you know how Washington works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Locust of the Apocalypse
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There we go. The Federalist is pretty legit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://thefederalist.com/2015/03/02/the-u-s-constitution-act...

Quote:
The official Team Clinton defense is that this whole thing is no big deal because the Clinton Foundation uses all that money to save lives, and who doesn’t want to save lives?

Quote:
“As with other global charities, we rely on the support of individuals, organizations, corporations and governments who have the shared goal of addressing critical global challenges in a meaningful way,” said the spokesman, Craig Minassian. “When anyone contributes to the Clinton Foundation, it goes towards foundation programs that help save lives.”

If only that were true. When anyone contributes to the Clinton Foundation, it actually goes toward fat salaries, administrative bloat, and lavish travel.

Between 2009 and 2012, the Clinton Foundation raised over $500 million dollars according to a review of IRS documents by The Federalist (2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008). A measly 15 percent of that, or $75 million, went towards programmatic grants. More than $25 million went to fund travel expenses. Nearly $110 million went toward employee salaries and benefits. And a whopping $290 million during that period — nearly 60 percent of all money raised — was classified merely as “other expenses.” Official IRS forms do not list cigar or dry-cleaning expenses as a specific line item. The Clinton Foundation may well be saving lives, but it seems odd that the costs of so many life-saving activities would be classified by the organization itself as just random, miscellaneous expenses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Sandy Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Christs sake there is literally a thread Drew posted about Hillary's shady use of government funds for the Clinton foundation and know one gives a shit. But this people do. Wow, just fucking wow. This is why this country is fucked up. The 1% who control this country have so thoroughly brainwashed the citizens into an "us" versus "them" mentality that any transgression your side does is ignored while the other side is vilified for sneezing.

Shit, the whole fucking corrupt system needs to be torn down and we need to bring out the guillotines, we can start with both of the candidates running. This shit is making me sick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
The 1% who control this country have so thoroughly brainwashed the citizens into an "us" versus "them" mentality that any transgression your side does is ignored while the other side is vilified for sneezing.

Brainwashed is the appropriate word. But when one side absolutely controls what news gets out and what news gets spiked, then brainwashing should come as no surprise. A large percentage of the electorate don't know what they don't know. Even here in RSP where we assume people are more politically aware, it often surprises me how ignorant people are of Hillary's unethical/criminal actions.

Here we have MSNBC's Joy Reid so thoroughly convinced of the Narrative, that she shouts down a guest for mentioning Hillary's 33,000 missing e-mails. Joy Reid is convinced (or would like to convince her viewers) that these don't exist. (Never mind that they actually do, and since this news clip, 15,000 more have been recovered, making it clear that Hillary's "I turned over all my e-mails except the ones about Yoga and Wedding Dresses" lie was, in fact, a lie.)

But this is what we're fighting against: a media that is essentially a propaganda arm for spreading a false narrative. And one that supports, almost exclusively, a single political party in the United States.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Oh. You failed to mention: it was investigated, and punishment handed out.

Soooo. What analogy were you making, again?

The punishment was for violating tax law, not bribing a public official.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
sikeospi wrote:

You gotta slightly alter the URL for these things to appear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sikeospi wrote:
So you think that Gadaffi should not have been overthrown and brought to justice for lockerbie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump says he made a lot of money off Gaddafi. I guess he picked the wrong one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.