$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
33% of Goal | 27 Days Left

Support:

Jason Hawthorne
United States
Freedom
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I had the idea to have my SOBS crew gate onto the death star. I have all the AI stuff but never play it. I started making enemy sheets for storm troopers Vader, boba fett, etc, but then I stopped.

The thing that is stopping me is that I cannot figure out a thematic reason to justify why there is a gate on the Death Star that leads to a Wild West mine. It is a completely man built structure. They had to have found a gate and installed it in the base. It's not like a random world where the gate was just discovered to be there.

It should not bother me and I should just go with it, but it does so I ask what thematic reason does the Death Star have to have a gate to a mine in the Wild West?

The only thing I can think of is that the Death Star is secretly fueled by dark stone. That works but is kinda generic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Laman
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why force it to be on the Deathstar to begin with? How about a backstory something along the lines of : recently the empire discovered an interstellar "Gate" thought to be a long lost ancient Infinity Gate of the Kwa. So they built a base around it to secure and control it. (Shrug?)

Of course they may be incorrect in their assumptions, but does that matter?It's a plausible excuse for there to be a gate somewhere over there in the Star Wars universe.

I have concerns as far as how successful an old west posse can hope to be wandering around in such an established and heavily populated high tech world. Seems like it would be quite a far stretch between the eras of old west Brimstone and ultra high tech SW. Unless lead bullets and infrequent bathing gives the posse some sort of advantage over lasers and the force.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScooterNH wrote:
Why force it to be on the Deathstar to begin with? How about a backstory something along the lines of : recently the empire discovered an interstellar "Gate" thought to a long lost ancient Infinity gate of the Kwa. So they built a base around it to secure and control it. (Shrug?)

Of course they may be incorrect in their assumptions, but does that matter?It's a plausible excuse for there to be a gate somewhere over there in the Star Wars universe.

I have concerns as far as how successful an old west posse can hope to be wandering around in such an established and heavily populated high tech world. Seems like it would be quite a far stretch between the eras of old west Brimstone and ultra high tech SW. Unless lead bullets and infrequent bathing gives the posse some sort of advantage over lasers and the force.

This sort of misgivings sometimes comes out, but I think it is misplaced.

Consider that posse is already worthy adversary to infernal demons, eldritch horrors, heavily armed and technologically advanced aliens etc.
The "pulpy" character of the game simply makes them too.

In the same vein you could argue that Empire is no match against Belial or Ancient One so it should not be used because it is too weak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormtroopers only hit on a 6+ so they shouldn't be much of a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AceAceBaby wrote:
Stormtroopers only hit on a 6+ so they shouldn't be much of a problem.

I thought they only hit on a 7+.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Groff-Folsom
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ScooterNH wrote:

Have you been to Targa, home of blasters, lightsabers, and thermal detonators?

In all seriousness, the math could probably work out without a lot of changes. I don't own SWIA otherwise I'd probably take this up for fun...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave41fan wrote:
ScooterNH wrote:

Have you been to Targa, home of blasters, lightsabers, and thermal detonators?

In all seriousness, the math could probably work out without a lot of changes. I don't own SWIA otherwise I'd probably take this up for fun...

What if the city of the Ancients is on Hoth?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Harrison
United States
Riverton
NJ
flag msg tools
I tend to think of gates opening in spacetime, any place, any where. Yes the death star is man-made, but it still exists in spacetime, so I don't see any reason why a gate couldn't form there. I don't see a reason why a gate couldn't form anywhere, really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.