Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
The Map note in 4.3 does not list it as a Coastal Location, yet there is no way of playing a location card to get there by sea.

It'd be strange if you couldn't attack or settle Oristano by sea but could by the rules reinforce a land battle there with a ship icon (as it's a coastal location).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aram12 wrote:
The Map note in 4.3 does not list it as a Coastal Location, yet there is no way of playing a location card to get there by sea.

It'd be strange if you couldn't attack or settle Oristano by sea but could by the rules reinforce a land battle there with a ship icon (as it's a coastal location).

It is. Aleria gets you there by sea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even think of checking Aleria.

Is there a ConSim justification for this? I thought all the locations were connected by sea using a rough proximity. This kind of blows that idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
The only non-coastal locations are Rome, Enna, Hippana, and Nuoro. You cannot play ship icons to reinforce battles there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Oristano such an edge case due to mechanical balance? Or is there something historical there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
aram12 wrote:
Is Oristano such an edge case due to mechanical balance? Or is there something historical there?

All sea connections on the cards, I believe are for mechanical balance. Dan would have to confirm it, but I know he changed a few of them during playtesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
airjudden wrote:
The only non-coastal locations are Rome, Enna, Hippana, and Nuoro. You cannot play ship icons to reinforce battles there.

Another easy way to remember which locations are coastal is to look at the Small Town or Large Town symbol/icon. All coastal locations are touching the sea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.