The Oracle of Delphi» Forums » Rules

Subject: God headstart ship tile and Oracle consultation rewards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis L
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When a player has the ship tile that gives a headstart on the God Track (the second ship tile on page 7 of the rules), does the player get to advance a God that is on the adjusted starting row when another player rolls that color? As written, it seems like the answer is yes, since the God is not on the actual lowest row. It just feels a little too strong that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alban Thomas
France
Blain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how I understand it also. And the board ergonomy sounds like a confirmation. The actual lowest row is located apart, and shows dark clouds instead of brighter clouds on superior rows.

If we are true : not only the track is one step shorter for each God, but also, "normal" players have to focus on getting out some tokens of the first row (because if you dont, at some point you might "loose" some free steps), while player with this tile doesnt : he always get a reward for each opponent's Oracle consultation.

So, indeed, this Ship tile seems quite powerful.
Without having experienced it, I wouldnt be so sure that it is overpowered. Some other ship tiles looks quite cool (not all of them though soblue )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Małecki
Poland
Oława
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiosity, which do you find the weakest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Shivaware wrote:
When a player has the ship tile that gives a headstart on the God Track (the second ship tile on page 7 of the rules), does the player get to advance a God that is on the adjusted starting row when another player rolls that color? As written, it seems like the answer is yes, since the God is not on the actual lowest row. It just feels a little too strong that way.
Yes, it's the advantage of the player that he (almost) on every turn of his opponents he can move a god.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis L
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
barandur wrote:
Shivaware wrote:
Yes, it's the advantage of the player that he (almost) on every turn of his opponents he can move a god.

Thanks very much for the quick confirmation, Ralph. Looking forward to this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alban Thomas
France
Blain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rednar wrote:
Out of curiosity, which do you find the weakest?
I dont know if they are weaker, but some tiles definitely seems to induce less meaningful choices than others.

For instance, I would avoid the one removing one task. Maybe it is competitive to spare 1/12 of the way to victory, but I dont see that beeing so interesting to play compared to some rule breakers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
barandur wrote:
Shivaware wrote:

Oh, really?!

We played that incorrectly then... I'll make a note for next time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Vaterlaus
United States
Sahuarita
Arizona
flag msg tools
"JoJo left his home in Tucson, Arizona"
mbmbmbmbmb
shenanigans!

That seems REALLY powerful. Nice, though - wish I could have used it. I was a couple turns behind you, so I don't know if that would have let me catch up or not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is powerful and I felt best power hence why we would use variant of last playee choosing God power first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
barandur wrote:

Does it also work on the setup rolls? (step 5 of page 4)

And, in step 8 of setup, does the player advance the god 1 space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
LemonyFresh wrote:
barandur wrote:

Does it also work on the setup rolls? (step 5 of page 4)

And, in step 8 of setup, does the player advance the god 1 space?

1. No, it does not work on the setup rolls.

2. No, he doesn't. Please be aware of the wording here: You can place the God in the color of the Injury card into the row that matches the player count. This is already the case for the owner of this Ship tile.
It is NOT "move the God one space".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.