+ a billion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Sparrrrow
msg tools
mb
There are english rules in both Japanese and International edition. Text on cards are also in english in both of them. There are no official rules on-line.

The rules are simple:

Each player takes one identity tile which is secret for oneself. Master and Insider card must be included, the others are known as Commons. Master reveals himself and everyone else don't.

Everyone except the Master closes their eyes and now it's for the Master to prepare the game. He shuffles deck of cards a little, draw one card and places it face up. The number on the card top of the deck (second card, face down, there are number from 1 to 6) indicates the word on face up card that Master has to rembember. Then he closes eyes and instructs insider to open his eyes, look at the card for few seconds and then close eyes. Master opens his eyes yet another time, places drawn card face down on the top of the deck and cover the number on top of it if his identity tile. Now everyone can open their eyes.

There is hourglass provided with 5 minute span. Players have to find the word that Master and Insider know in this time. They can ask question (in no particular order) but the Master can only answer yes, no or don't know. The Insider knows the answer but don't want to reveal himself so he uses his knowledge to guide other with right question without being too obvious about it.

If players didn't find the answer in 5 minutes, everyone loses. If they did, they turn the hourglass. This indicates the time that they have to talk about their questions. They want to find who Insider is. After talking they vote (raising hands) if player who asked about the right word (last question) is Insider. If he was not Insider and players vote so there is another vote with pointing fingers for who they think Insider is.

If Insider is found the Master wins along with the Commons.
If Insider is not found (another player is chosen) he wins.

In second part of the game Master can freely talk and he participate in the voting. He is in best position to remember questions of players because he don't need to focus on guessing the word.
In first voting (about player who correctly guessed the word) you need majority of votes to find Insider, so more than half.
In second voting you need only more votes for anyone that for anyone else. In case of the tie the player who guessed (who is now proved to be Common) decides a tie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arrr2D2 wrote:
They can ask question (in no particular order) but the Master can only answer yes, no or don't know.

We played tons of this at the recent BGG.Con and loved it!

I was wondering about your parenthetical above. That's how we played it, and how I think it should be played. However, several other groups were under the impression that everyone should ask questions in order. This ensures that everyone asks at least one question and (supposedly) makes it harder for the Insider to hide.

Like I said, I prefer the anything-goes questioning, since I think it encourages better trains of thought. But I was hoping that maybe you could provide an official clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.