Popular Tags: [View All]
TOKYO Heartbroken
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I took the chance to open a game I'd had for years, Pacal. It's re-issued by Kosmos in their 2-player range as Pyramiden des Jaguar, so there must be a good game here. Buggered if we could find it. The rules translation didn't make sense. Oh, we understood about building the pyramid, but is it a random game or do you select things?

You start out with 10 each of the 50 cards and lay them face down to make the pyramid structure. This removes 20 cards from the game. So do you look at your cards before building it? If you do, you have some information before playing. Next the 30 cards left are dealt. Then you take turns to offer up 2 cards, your opponent choosing first which to take. So do you look at your hand and select the cards, or do you just deal off the top 2 from your deck. The translation just didn't say, and I couldn't see the point in such a random game. We played a hand and put it away. Oh if only I could read German.

Looking on this page, I think you do choose the cards to offer, but I'll see if the new rule-set on PdJ makes more sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.