Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"DESIGN NOTE: The Space Race is your ‘safety valve.’ If you hold a card whose Event is a good one for your opponent, and you don’t want the Event to occur, you can dump it on the Space Race (provided it has enough Operations points to qualify for an attempt to move forward)."

My question is, are cards played on this track taken from the game? Or do they get shuffled back in at some point?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier Bocquet
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are discarded and so will get back into the game at the next reshuffle. Cards are only removed if used for an event with an *.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Pierce
Denmark
Aarhus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a key strategic consideration. If you have one of your opponent's events that is just TOO good to ever play, you not only need to manage your hand to ensure you can work around playing it, but also try to time its discard so that it ends up in the discard pile immediately after it was reshuffled. This keeps it out of the game as long as possible. A much less efficient play would be to space race the card a round before a reshuffle happens and it could be dealt right to your opponent.

I'm constantly reminded why this is my favorite game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bpierce72 wrote:
This is a key strategic consideration. If you have one of your opponent's events that is just TOO good to ever play, you not only need to manage your hand to ensure you can work around playing it, but also try to time its discard so that it ends up in the discard pile immediately after it was reshuffled. This keeps it out of the game as long as possible. A much less efficient play would be to space race the card a round before a reshuffle happens and it could be dealt right to your opponent.

I'm constantly reminded why this is my favorite game

You beat me too it. This is a key consideration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.