Subject: Rallying rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivo Hackman
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
Hi,

what if AI gets an order to Rally in CC... By original rules rallying is only possible by Follow me- card (Auto-rally), but in this ruleset rally attempt can be done even in CC??

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmb
apostoli wrote:
Hi,

what if AI gets an order to Rally in CC... By original rules rallying is only possible by Follow me- card (Auto-rally), but in this ruleset rally attempt can be done even in CC??

Thanks!

Hi Ivo,

If the AI draws a Command Card with Fire / Auto-Rally as a CC order, if no CC unit is able to fire, you would Auto-Rally a CC unit that is hit (following the AI eligibility order).

Auto-Rally is the equivalent of the AI playing "Follow Me!".

There are no AI cards in the deck that instruct just "Rally" in CC, as that would be against the game rules.

Simo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivo Hackman
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
Kiitos!

Other question,

I read from the rules that rallying costs for AI the usual 5 APs. But does it have to throw 2D6 or is it auto? And if AI attempts rallying (lets suppose it has to throw 2D6) do I reveal the hit marker in order to see the needed 2D6 result for rallying..?

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
AI only auto-rallies if the AI card clearly states that the AI will "Auto-Rally" Otherwise you roll as normal in score equal to or more than the amount stated on the hit marker to rally, so yes you will have to reveal the marker to see what score is required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
To clarify, if a hit AI is doing anything or is going to have anything to done to it (such as be fired upon), you reveal the hit marker before the action is taken.

If the hit marker is "Killed".... I can't remember. I think the AI passes? Or the next eligible unit takes the action? Can't remember, but the rulebook states it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Urza, PhD of Dungeon Crawl
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:
To clarify, if a hit AI is doing anything or is going to have anything to done to it (such as be fired upon), you reveal the hit marker before the action is taken.

If the hit marker is "Killed".... I can't remember. I think the AI passes? Or the next eligible unit takes the action? Can't remember, but the rulebook states it.

On a "KIA", you just skip that unit and try using the next one; or failing that, the next order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moe45673 wrote:

Not quite correct. If you Fire Upon a hit AI, you have to commit to your action, which includes a spent check and loosing any CAPs before revealing the hit marker. If the AI is KIA, you still loose the CAPs and do a spend check for the attack action.

However, if the AI is given a move or fire order, you do check the Hit Marker. If the AI cannot take the action after the reveal, you move on to the next AI.

7.4 AI Hits Version 51
When an AI takes a hit, randomly draw and place a Hit Counter under
the AI without looking at the Hit Counter. The Hit Counter is only revealed
when this Unit tries to execute an order or is fired upon. (Beginners may
draw and place AI Hit Counters face up.)

Ex: You fire at a hit AI. You first commit any CAPs that you wish to use
to modify your attack die roll and only then reveal the AI's Hit Counter to
see if it affects it's Defense Value. (At this point it may turn out that the
Hit Counter was a KIA and your shot was wasted because the Unit was
already eliminated. You still lose any committed CAPs and have to make
an AP Spent Check!)

Ex: A hit AI is ordered to move towards the closest Unit. You now reveal
the AI's Hit Counter, which is 'Pinned'. The AI may not move and another
AI will attempt to move.
Once a Hit Counter is revealed, it remains revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.