Popular Tags: [View All]
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MoM 2e Fans -

I love making tuckboxes for my favorite games. I like the organization/protection these additions bring to my storage options.

I thought I'd share these creations with the community in case there are others who like to use them as well.

I created 5 boxes in total - Common Items, Horror, Damage, Conditions and a single box for the combination of Unique items and Spells. I made these boxes big enough to handle sleeved cards, so this should work for most people.

I snapped a quick picture of the Unique & Spells box alongside the Common Items box.

You can find these boxes here, in the files section of BGG.

I print these on standard paper and then laminate the full page. I then score the lines, cut out the box and then fold and glue with superglue. The end result is a professional looking card box that looks like it came with the game itself. I highly recommend this approach if you have a home laminator.

Hope you all like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
MoM 2e Fans -

I love making tuckboxes for my favorite games. I like the organization/protection these additions bring to my storage options.

I thought I'd share these creations with the community in case there are others who like to use them as well.

I created 5 boxes in total - Common Items, Horror, Damage, Conditions and a single box for the combination of Unique items and Spells. I made these boxes big enough to handle sleeved cards, so this should work for most people.

I snapped a quick picture of the Unique & Spells box alongside the Common Items box.

You can find these boxes here, in the files section of BGG.

I print these on standard paper and then laminate the full page. I then score the lines, cut out the box and then fold and glue with superglue. The end result is a professional looking card box that looks like it came with the game itself. I highly recommend this approach if you have a home laminator.

Hope you all like.

Please note the BGG Admins are in the process of approving these files. Currently the Common Items are available and the rest are pending. I'll update once all the boxes are there.

Just bought the game. Im ALL ABOUT protecting my stuff and keeping it nice and organized. I was about to look up storage solutions and saw this.

All the tuck boxes fit back in the original box with everything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:

With any other game I would have understood this concern, but not now. Have you seen the SIZE of the MoM2ndEd box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Wiet wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

With any other game I would have understood this concern, but not now. Have you seen the SIZE of the MoM2ndEd box?

haha yes I have! Im just concerned about the minis and such, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
Wiet wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

Yeah, they fit

I am in the process of building a foamcore insert for MoM for convenient storage. I'll post images when I get there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:
Wiet wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

Yeah, they fit

I am in the process of building a foamcore insert for MoM for convenient storage. I'll post images when I get there.

Awesome! Im looking forward to checking it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!

Are they by chance sized to fit sleeved cards?

I just need to read! Printing now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a perfect tuck box - thanks for the work!!!

They fit my sleeved cards great - come on mods... approve em!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SoylentRed wrote:
This is a perfect tuck box - thanks for the work!!!

They fit my sleeved cards great - come on mods... approve em!!!

Thanks! Glad you liked. Labor of love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Mccrotch
msg tools
If you have with other fonts, colors, etc. (or someone works up alternates) would love to see those too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we have any idea why the 1 was approved and not the others?

I'm itchin' to get them all put together!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
So with the cards all stored like this, how are the minis and tiles stored to keep it all in the box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Other files approved late last night. Odd that they took so long. Enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soylent Green
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Stop hovering over me!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
Other files approved late last night. Odd that they took so long. Enjoy.

Already printed - thanks again for the work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
Mistermannindy wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:
Wiet wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

Yeah, they fit

I figured I'd post these images within this thread since we discussed this earlier.

This is my first attempt at a foamcore insert for any game. I have threatened myself to make one, but thus far, I've only done tuckboxes. I am pleased with the results. I'll have to wait and see how things hold up and what could be changed design wise.

I took inspiration from others who've already done these and posted images. I had a plan in my head for a 3-tiered insert and the final resulted in one - I made a few course corrections along the way and in the end have room for more should I need it.

Below are pictures a some narrative on each.

N This is what you see when removing the box top. I probably could have used the cardboard insert here (I still might), but kept it simple. Everything fits into the box - nothing is left out. This top layer is where I have the manuals and a few laminated player aides. These all sit nicely on top of the next layer.

N The top layer of my insert. It holds the tiles with some extra space left over (where I put the dice). It would have been great to fit all the 1e tiles in here as well, but I couldn't figure out a way to do it. Notice there's no sides on this tray - a simple bottom with divders for the tiles. It was much easier and used less material.

N Removing the top layer reveals this next layer. This layer sits on top/alongside the monsters and cards and is basically the height difference between the Star Spawns and the other monsters (at the bottom). My tuckboxes are held in place by the sides of this tray. You can see there's tons of room left over here (where I put the investigator cards). Also the space for the investigators holds all the 1e investigator miniatures as well (not pictured). I made this before I realized the 1e tiles wouldn't fit. Not sure I love the way this turned out. Its going to be a little difficult getting my meat hooks into these deep openings to fetch out the tokens. laugh NOTE: After using, I have no problem getting tokens in and out.

N This is the bottom layer - Reserved for the monsters and cards. The monsters are on the original bases and I managed to fit them all in the box, so I was really happy about that.

It took me 2 nights to complete this - maybe 4 hours total. It definitely feels good to have everything fit back into the original box and organized.

So yeah, to answer the original question - Yes, everything fits back in the box - including my tuckboxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:
Mistermannindy wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:
Wiet wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

Yeah, they fit

I figured I'd post these images within this thread since we discussed this earlier.

This is my first attempt at a foamcore insert for any game. I have threatened myself to make one, but thus far, I've only done tuckboxes. I am pleased with the results. I'll have to wait and see how things hold up and what could be changed design wise.

I took inspiration from others who've already done these and posted images. I had a plan in my head for a 3-tiered insert and the final resulted in one - I made a few course corrections along the way and in the end have room for more should I need it.

Below are pictures a some narrative on each.

N This is what you see when removing the box top. I probably could have used the cardboard insert here (I still might), but kept it simple. Everything fits into the box - nothing is left out. This top layer is where I have the manuals and a few laminated player aides. These all sit nicely on top of the next layer.

N The top layer of my insert. It holds the tiles with some extra space left over (where I put the dice). It would have been great to fit all the 1e tiles in here as well, but I couldn't figure out a way to do it. Notice there's no sides on this tray - a simple bottom with divders for the tiles. It was much easier and used less material.

N Removing the top layer reveals this next layer. This layer sits on top/alongside the monsters and cards and is basically the height difference between the Star Spawns and the other monsters (at the bottom). My tuckboxes are held in place by the sides of this tray. You can see there's tons of room left over here (where I put the investigator cards). Also the space for the investigators holds all the 1e investigator miniatures as well (not pictured). I made this before I realized the 1e tiles wouldn't fit. Not sure I love the way this turned out. Its going to be a little difficult getting my meat hooks into these deep openings to fetch out the tokens. laugh

N This is the bottom layer - Reserved for the monsters and cards. The monsters are on the original bases and I managed to fit them all in the box, so I was really happy about that.

It took me 2 nights to complete this - maybe 4 hours total. It definitely feels good to have everything fit back into the original box and organized.

So yeah, to answer the original question - Yes, everything fits back in the box - including my tuckboxes.

This is great!! Very inspirational. I sat down to do my own very first foam core project for this exact game. I got overwhelmed on my first go and only built a box to hold my minis with the larger bases (the rest of the stuff actually fits in 3600 Planos), so my storage isnt completely terrible right now.

I dig what youve got going on. Im going to have to print and make the tuckboxes and do something similar! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.