$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 97.83

6,240 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
39.3% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: A 1989 Afghanistan forum game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Fairbanks

Arkansas
msg tools
Someone I know is running a forum game. To quote him: "Each turn is the length of one month, beginning February 1989." "You play as a certain person, each turn you send me a private message containing what you'd like to do that turn."

Here is the URL: http://eregime.org/index.php?c=820663

That same forum also runs other forum games, this one just happens to be the most active/interesting.

I assume this sort of thread is permitted. In the world of board games, video games, browser games, and still other game types, forum games ought to exist too, right? ninja
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played in, and gm'd, several forum based roleplaying games. They can certainly be fun.

There are some games here on bgg that are played via forums. From board games played via forum to more dedicated forum games, to meta games like the generic discussion thread.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Fairbanks

Arkansas
msg tools
Quantum_Jack wrote:
I have played in, and gm'd, several forum based roleplaying games. They can certainly be fun.

There are some games here on bgg that are played via forums. From board games played via forum to more dedicated forum games, to meta games like the generic discussion thread.
Can you link to some of them?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
www.wtfrpg.com

Is a website I have used in the past. As for forum games here on bgg, every game's forum has a "play by forum" section.

And dedicated forum based games can be found by looking through the categories under the "forum" button.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Fairbanks

Arkansas
msg tools
Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza Hadei
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dawaldo wrote:
Quantum_Jack wrote:
I have played in, and gm'd, several forum based roleplaying games. They can certainly be fun.

There are some games here on bgg that are played via forums. From board games played via forum to more dedicated forum games, to meta games like the generic discussion thread.
Can you link to some of them?

Here's an example of a boardgame played via the forums.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/103343/game-thrones-b...

Check out the play by forum section of your favourite boardgames and you might be surprised by what some people do.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Fairbanks

Arkansas
msg tools
dezza wrote:
Here's an example of a boardgame played via the forums.
Thanks for that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.