$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 64.74

4,572 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
28.8% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Women and Gaming

Subject: Board Game Room rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see pictures of everyone's board game rooms or board game storage solutions! My husband and I are in the process of buying our first house, and we'll finally have a board game room, so I'd love to see everyone else's pictures to get some ideas from.
5 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Norris
United States
Fincastle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


My game room with my home made gaming table. The shelves are missing $300 worth of games that are on hold
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I love the table. We backed the Duchess table on Kickstarter, so we're anxiously awaiting for it to arrive in February.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deidre Iannelli
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my game storage solution (missing a few games in the picture). I use two 9 cube Threshold shelves that are easily obtained from Target.



Don't have any pictures, but my gaming tables are a couple of 6ft folding black tables, one 4ft folding table, and one old kitchen table that expands out to around 7ft but feels smaller since it is rounded. Also lots and lots of folding chairs. Most of it is stored away when it is not my monthly game day event, but when it comes out the entirety of the inlaw apartment at my house becomes the gaming room!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Norris
United States
Fincastle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldenGirl wrote:
Awesome! I love the table. We backed the Duchess table on Kickstarter, so we're anxiously awaiting for it to arrive in February.


Thank you I hope you enjoy your table when you get it!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Rehaug
Norway
Ler
flag msg tools
Hi! I'm Macaos. A cute, kind, sporty and fun Bearded Collie. I enjoy lying under the table when Macao is on the table.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my game room. I love it!





17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScaperDeage wrote:
This is my game storage solution (missing a few games in the picture). I use two 9 cube Threshold shelves that are easily obtained from Target.



Don't have any pictures, but my gaming tables are a couple of 6ft folding black tables, one 4ft folding table, and one old kitchen table that expands out to around 7ft but feels smaller since it is rounded. Also lots and lots of folding chairs. Most of it is stored away when it is not my monthly game day event, but when it comes out the entirety of the inlaw apartment at my house becomes the gaming room!


How do you like the shelves? We're quickly running out of space in our current storage solution (a large and heavy amroire that we plan to sell before moving to avoid having to move it), so we're searching for a new storage solution for the new house. I know most people use Kallax, but we won't have an IKEA near us until one opens in the summer of 2017, and we definitely can't wait that long for new shelves!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pyr-shep wrote:
This is my game room. I love it!







Oh, wow!! Compared to our collection, yours looks like a game store! I love the setup (and I might be just a tiny bit jealous...)! Do you have some of your shelves hanging from the wall?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Rehaug
Norway
Ler
flag msg tools
Hi! I'm Macaos. A cute, kind, sporty and fun Bearded Collie. I enjoy lying under the table when Macao is on the table.
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldenGirl wrote:

Oh, wow!! Compared to our collection, yours looks like a game store! I love the setup (and I might be just a tiny bit jealous...)! Do you have some of your shelves hanging from the wall?


Thanks! Some of the shelves are indeed hanging from the wall (in a very safe way). I thought it would be a good idea to maximise the space. Then I get a larger space between the two shelves for larger games that do not fit in the Kallax.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammy Golden
United States
Newark
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is such a good idea! I may have to ask you more details about that once we get a house and determine how much space we'll have in our game room. Our collection seems to mysteriously keep growing. Packages just keep showing up from Miniature Market, Amazon, and Kickstarter. I have no idea who ordered them... whistle
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this geeklist a few years back. The room has since been revised, (shelves added, furniture moved, etc..) maybe if I think about it this weekend I'll post updates to the list.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/65739/small-corner-wo...

Edit: ohh and now the shelves are packed with games too.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deidre Iannelli
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldenGirl wrote:
ScaperDeage wrote:
This is my game storage solution (missing a few games in the picture). I use two 9 cube Threshold shelves that are easily obtained from Target.



Don't have any pictures, but my gaming tables are a couple of 6ft folding black tables, one 4ft folding table, and one old kitchen table that expands out to around 7ft but feels smaller since it is rounded. Also lots and lots of folding chairs. Most of it is stored away when it is not my monthly game day event, but when it comes out the entirety of the inlaw apartment at my house becomes the gaming room!


How do you like the shelves? We're quickly running out of space in our current storage solution (a large and heavy amroire that we plan to sell before moving to avoid having to move it), so we're searching for a new storage solution for the new house. I know most people use Kallax, but we won't have an IKEA near us until one opens in the summer of 2017, and we definitely can't wait that long for new shelves!


I love these shelves. They're pretty sturdy once put together (which is super easy to do) and I've had one of them for a year without any issues. And since Target tends to have all sorts of sales for furniture on their website, you can usually get a bit of a discount buying online and doing in store pick up. They MSRP for $80, but got my second one a couple months ago for $69 after sales tax. I do not really have an Ikea around me either, but there is a Target 10min away, so it was the most cost/time effective solution for me.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Swanner
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow Monica!! My dream game room Very nice!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.