$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
43.4% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Gorechosen» Forums » News

Subject: White Dwarf (September 2016), Other News, and Official Facebook Updates rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
So, as everyone knows by now, there is a bit of news and some additional content for Gorechosen in the September issue of White Dwarf. Here is an overview:

1. Slaughterpriest miniature - this miniature comes with character cards (printed inside the magazine) for Silver Tower and Gorechosen.

Interestingly, the Gorechosen game includes four miniatures, but rules for eight characters. White Dwarf confirms that the Slaughterpriest IS one of the four additional heroes that have rules in the Gorechosen box, therefore the production of the character card in the magazine is a bit redundant. HOWEVER, the card printed in the White Dwarf magazine is labeled as EXCLUSIVE, and the character has a specific name - Fexgor the Flayer. So, it may be possible that these are variant rules for that particular model, or it may just be that they are "exclusive" until the Gorechosen game comes out.

EDIT: on closer reading, they refer to the card in the magazine as a "sneak peek" so it looks like it is going to be the same as the one printed in the Gorechosen rulebook.

2. New Gorechosen characters. The magazine also includes Skarr Bloodwrath and Valkia the Bloody character cards. These are incredibly powerful chaos heroes, who are purposefully stronger than the regular characters in the game.

3. New rules. The "Mightiest of Champion" rules are for use with the powerful named heroes, and pit three characters against one.

4. There is a painting guide for the Slaughterpriest.

5. Release news. I'm pretty sure everyone knows this already, but the game comes out 24 September with a price of £35 ($60USD).

I think that covers everything
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: White Dwarf (September 2016) and Other News
GW are showcasing Gorechosen all this week on their Facebook page:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: White Dwarf (September 2016) and Other News

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport, Wales
flag msg tools
If you notice this notice you wil notice that this notice was not worth noticing
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't sure on this at first but looking into it further this looks like it could be a really fun arena combat game. I've got to be honest, I'm really pleased GW are shifting to these original boxed board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
panzer-attack wrote:
I wasn't sure on this at first but looking into it further this looks like it could be a really fun arena combat game. I've got to be honest, I'm really pleased GW are shifting to these original boxed board games.

I'm all over this one. My big problem at the moment is keeping up with the rate of releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The names are hilarious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've preordered my copy and am looking forward to it. I'm sad FFG/GW split up but if GW can make some solid boardgames then I'll manage to survive. This one looks pretty promising; I hope it's deep enough. From what I can tell combat looks a little simple...but we'll see!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captainraffi wrote:
I've preordered my copy and am looking forward to it. I'm sad FFG/GW split up but if GW can make some solid boardgames then I'll manage to survive. This one looks pretty promising; I hope it's deep enough. From what I can tell combat looks a little simple...but we'll see!

I'm not expecting this to be too deep, but I am expecting it to be fun. It looks hilarious, and I think it could be a really good game to end the night. Especially if you have spent the evening working together in Fireteam Zero or Silver Tower.

It's nice to finish the night by whacking each other in the face. Like the good old days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks interesting but that exchange rate... £35 does NOT equal $60 and then factor in shipping.

Priced much too high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dice roll wrote:
This looks interesting but that exchange rate... £35 does NOT equal $60 and then factor in shipping.

Priced much too high.

But now you know how people in the UK feel with every release from an American-based company
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.