Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate to ask such a rudimentary question, but as I understand the line of sight rules, only the actual terrain image might block line of sight, not the entire hex. Unlike other tactical games where a hex with a building in it is considered all building, in BoB, only the actual building image blocks the line of sight, not the entire hex that the building is in. Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Evans
United Kingdom
St Ives
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dakjck wrote:
Unlike other tactical games where a hex with a building in it is considered all building, in BoB, only the actual building image blocks the line of sight, not the entire hex that the building is in.

FWIW using the actual board art to determine LOS seems the more common way to me in small-scale WW2 tactical games (Squad Leader, Combat Commander, Fighting Formations, ...)

Offhand, the only major system I know of doing it the other way (i.e. the entire hex is blocked if there's a building in it) is Conflict of Heroes. Oh, and Panzer Grenadier, if I recall. Out of curiosity, which other major systems do it that way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Kewley
United States
Mandeville
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Russ - Borg's games, such as Memoir 44 and the Command and Color series do, as does Tide of Iron and the La Bataille series of Napoleonic games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Panzer Grenadier originally used a 25% rule for terrain that caused enough uproar that it almost sunk the system. I thought it was a tempest in a teapot but I have been informed recently that I am not picky enough. I prefer to think of myself as more interested in having fun, but some people are "happiness challenged" or prefer arguing. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I prefer to think of myself as more interested in having fun, but some people are "happiness challenged" or prefer arguing. whistle

Or it's not about arguing, but rather some people prefer knowing what the game's intent is instead of scratching their heads in confused frustration...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.