Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Availability outside of the US? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Hammer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The more I hear about the game, the more interested I'm getting (although I would like to see some game-play, even if it's just a walk-through of a single turn), and I know my gaming group would love a Buffy game.

However, none of my regular UK sites are offering any form of pre-order and looking on the Jasco website, postage for the pre-order is 25USD more than the base game itself (65USD for a total of 105USD)!

So that pretty much puts the kibosh on ordering direct from source, so I'll have to wait until it hits the shelves. However, as the game is only having a limited run initially, does anybody know if that run is world wide or limited to the US?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
Esplugues de Llobregat
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also would like to know. Love me some Buffy, but I can't pay that amount of money plus taxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
None of the US sites I've looked at (CSI, MM, CardHaus) have it for pre-order either. Considering how little we've seen about the game I'm actually a little skeptical about that date for anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams
United Kingdom
Manchester
Manchester
flag msg tools
It appears in preview section of the autumn issue of "Tabletop Gaming", a UK magazine, so would indicate there's plans for it to be sold in the UK...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We are going to look into it for you. Since we're just the designers it's hard for us to guarantee since we have no affiliation with publishing but we'll try and find a way for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Hammer
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for looking into it for us Thomas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams
United Kingdom
Manchester
Manchester
flag msg tools
Bluehammer wrote:
Thanks for looking into it for us Thomas.

Seconded.

Would love some more info on the UK Release - you're a legend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
Shipping is still quite expensive even in the US. I was going to preorder the game tonight, but the shipping is almost $21 to Virginia. That's a 50% increase in price. cry

Going to have to pause and think about this one. I thought $40 was a great price. $60+ not so much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kharn The Betrayer
Spain
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Canary Islands
flag msg tools
KILL, MAIM, BURN!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really interested in this also. I hope that you find some way to distribute it in Europe, if not, it's going to be hard to grab that game. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kharn The Betrayer
Spain
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Canary Islands
flag msg tools
KILL, MAIM, BURN!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lynnvander wrote:
We are going to look into it for you. Since we're just the designers it's hard for us to guarantee since we have no affiliation with publishing but we'll try and find a way for you.

Ey, Thomas, any news about this? Lot of european Buffy fans are praying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam D.
United States
Suquamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh. I came in here thinking somebody was trying to get a copy of Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Board Game. Imagine my surprise learning this is a whole new thing. Yay!

Edit: gah! linked to the wrong (crappy) one. This is what I meant: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lamb
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
In the UK and just stumbled on this game, looks to be right up me and my Wife's street.

Would pre-order it without any reviews or run-throughs based on the theme and few comments I've seen from people who have played it if the shipping was just a bit more reasonable.

If you can get it into UK stores for a more reasonable combined game+shipping price then count me in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Newton
msg tools
Same here, I am trying to find anyone that can pre-order it in the UK. Most distributors/shops I have spoken to don't even have it listed, yet it is due out end of October!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lamb
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I have asked around too, please let me know if you find anyone who has it available and I will also post here if I strike gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juanjo Caballero
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just add another fellow from Spain interested in getting the game ASAP! Actually, I would buy two copies, one for myself and the second one as a birthday gift for a friend which is even more Buffy-nerd than me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hardy
United Kingdom
Bracknell
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hopefully we'll hear more now that it's out, but yeah, myself and several other friends would also love to buy this in the UK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Strategette wrote:
Hopefully we'll hear more now that it's out, but yeah, myself and several other friends would also love to buy this in the UK.

Out? Where?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevepop wrote:
Strategette wrote:

Out? Where?

Yeah, it's not out yet. They sent out updates and posted on FB that they didn't make the end of Oct., but are still hoping to have it out for the holidays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.