Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Orszak
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading through the rules, I am a little confused about what appears to be the interchangeability between the terms Developed Location and City.

Building a City requires a Develop Location action. You get one VP for each in supply Developed Location at game end. You get income for each in-supply City you control during the campaign phase. The terms appear to be synonymous, but I'm wondering if there are actual differences that I need to pay attention to. Has anyone uncovered any distinctions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
They are the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Orszak
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Judd! Hoping to get a game in tonight at our club so good to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Orgak wrote:
Thanks, Judd! Hoping to get a game in tonight at our club so good to know.

I think Acres called them "cities" and "towns" and this game calls them "settlements" and "developments," but it gets easy to confuse the terms. I know I used to until I made the Vassal module and then I got really consistent at calling them settlements/developments, but if you dug down far enough in the Vassal "code" (whatever the heck you call that stuff), I bet you could still find a case of me doing some behind the scenes stuff and still calling it a city or town.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.