Popular Tags: [View All]
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I just found this update to the Meeple Source kickstarter which adds a whole bunch of additional Scythe items.

I'm not sure what to do. Part of me wants them all!!!!! Although another part is pretty happy with the current abstracted worker meeples and maybe only get some of the items. The action tokens look sweet.

I'm not sure about the coins. There are a lot of Scythe items coming out and as someone who owns the metal coins for the original game I'm very interested in getting the metal coins for the expansion. Is Meeple Source the only place to get them? And only through their Kickstarter?

Shipping can be pricey for us Canadian's so I was hoping to get all extra items in one place to help with that. Also I was looking at the Targi upgrade pack Meeple Source has and wouldn't mind getting it all through the website (again for shipping) but doesn't look like the new items are available there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those worker meeples are SWEET! A bit pricey, but I really think I'm going to want those for my set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeni Liakhovich
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm definitely getting the new action tokens. The workers are ridiculously expensive, and I actually don't like the way they look - a bit too cartoony.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin M
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad8r wrote:
I'm definitely getting the new action tokens. The workers are ridiculously expensive, and I actually don't like the way they look - a bit too cartoony.

I'm in agreement with you on all counts. I love the actions tokens and the wooden encounter and "Invaders" tokens. I'll probably grab everything except the worker meeples.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Valenso wrote:
Glad8r wrote:

I'm in agreement with you on all counts. I love the actions tokens and the wooden encounter and "Invaders" tokens. I'll probably grab everything except the worker meeples.

Third'ed.

Wood is good. Painted wood... not always better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad8r wrote:

My initial reaction was "those are sweet!" but then I thought about it in the context of the entire game board and I agree, I think they might be too cartoony for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Alvarez
Puerto Rico
Hatillo
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Agreed with you guys about the meeples. I think if they had kept them sort of "faceless" like on Jakub's concept art they would have looked a bit better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I like the original custom meeples that are more faceless and abstract. I'm picking up the rest of the stuff, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The action token cylinders are to show what your current chosen action is this turn. A set of those is $5 ... but upgrading to the set of one of each worker for $10 instead as action tokens is also pretty pimp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roni Jaakkola
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Hey there, nice to meet you! @Nashtanir in Twitter
mbmbmbmbmb
I really liked the meeples.. but not on my board. I just don't think they really fit to the style of the game and I wish they would have followed Jacub's art more directly. However, I can see that the meeples clearly follow their own art direction.

I backed for the token set and for the action tokens, they look slick. Their pricing is quite fair too, only 5$ for the tokens seems a steal for me. For some reason the meeples cost a lot, so I'm going to pass on them.

On a side note, there are some weird tokens on the token set. Where are the flag tokens and the minus tokens used? Are they only for the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nashtanir wrote:
there are some weird tokens on the token set. Where are the flag tokens and the minus tokens used? Are they only for the expansion?

Yep that's right. They will be used in the expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting! I did, in the end, get the action tokens AND the expansion kit items which include the exploration tokens.

Cheers,
Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Idan Rooze
Israel
flag msg tools
venrondua wrote:
I'm not sure about the coins. There are a lot of Scythe items coming out and as someone who owns the metal coins for the original game I'm very interested in getting the metal coins for the expansion. Is Meeple Source the only place to get them? And only through their Kickstarter?

This. Will the coins be available through Stonemaier games?

Also, I can't find the new products at the meeple source site yet. Is everything kickstarter exclusive?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Woolin wrote:
venrondua wrote:

This. Will the coins be available through Stonemaier games?

Also, I can't find the new products at the meeple source site yet. Is everything kickstarter exclusive?

1. AfaIk the coins will be available through BGG later.

2. Yes, for the moment I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will also be another set of $2 coins that are not listed on the KS that will be available in the future as well.

Details are here: http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing is Kickstarter exclusive--we don't do exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Idan Rooze
Israel
flag msg tools
jameystegmaier wrote:
Nothing is Kickstarter exclusive--we don't do exclusives.

I'm unfamiliar with the relationship between Meeple Source and Stonemaier Games, so I wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying, Jamey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still evolving, but it's looking more like Meeplesource is going to serve as a way for both individual customers and retailers (particularly international retailers) to obtain our promo content. We'll likely still use the BGG store from time to time as well, but Meeplesource will be the easiest way for people to consolidate multiple promos into one order and for retailers in faraway places to get a bunch of promos for better shipping to their local customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crown of Command
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with most of the other responses here...the meeplesource worker meeples just look a little too cartoony for this kind of game. That being said, are you aware of anywhere else where we can get more serious looking worker meeples which will fit on the action board? Maybe even actual worker miniatures?

jameystegmaier wrote:
It's still evolving, but it's looking more like Meeplesource is going to serve as a way for both individual customers and retailers (particularly international retailers) to obtain our promo content. We'll likely still use the BGG store from time to time as well, but Meeplesource will be the easiest way for people to consolidate multiple promos into one order and for retailers in faraway places to get a bunch of promos for better shipping to their local customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Valenso wrote:
Glad8r wrote:

Me too. I don't like Meeple Sources art style for any of their meeples, and these just don't fit the game. I've order the wooden encounter and trap tokens from their website - much cheaper than getting the same thing through the KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
Valenso wrote:
Glad8r wrote:

Me too. I don't like Meeple Sources art style for any of their meeples, and these just don't fit the game. I've order the wooden encounter and trap tokens from their website - much cheaper than getting the same thing through the KS.

Wish they had the player tokens on the website too. I'm a little tempted to cancel my Kickstarter pledge and just wait and see if they come to the website so that I can to a larger order for all items then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:

Wish they had the player tokens on the website too. I'm a little tempted to cancel my Kickstarter pledge and just wait and see if they come to the website so that I can to a larger order for all items then

Yup, I'm doing the same. Was planning on asking them if those will be on their site as well, but keep forgetting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
venrondua wrote:

Yup, I'm doing the same. Was planning on asking them if those will be on their site as well, but keep forgetting...

I think pretty much all their stuff eventually goes on the site. I'd imagine it would be smart to do the same with these too. But could be they want to encourage backers now. I just want to do a site wide order of stuff rather than bits and pieces due to shipping.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They usually make some extra that eventually ggoes to their site, but you can't be guaranteed there will be enough supply. They don't tend to restock very often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.