Subject: Priests on the Cult Track Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Seidl
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Can you guys help me settle this: Can you place more than one priest on the same cult track, of course using different spaces under a single track?

My wife says that because the rules do not specifically say no, then she can.

My argument is that in the rules it states:
"There are 4 spaces below each of the
Cult tracks of Earth, Water, Fire, and
Air that each can hold exactly 1 Priest.
As an Action, you may place one of
your Priests on one such space to advance
3 or 2 spaces (as indicated on the
space) on the corresponding Cult track"

Specifically it is saying you can place one of your priests on one space to advance a number of spaces on the corresponding track. To me that means that you can only place one on each track as that track only allows you to move on one space.

How do you guys play? Do you allow multiple priests on each cult track (still observing the one priest per space) or do you only allow one priest per track?

Thanks, Jon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can place one,two, three or all 4 of your priests on. one single track ( assuming spots are free).
You can also place a priest outside one of the 4 track spots for only one point and he "returns" to your priest pool at the end of the turn. ( you still have to aquire that priest again, but he is there for you to aquire again, unlike those placed on one of the four spots, that are there for the rest of the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pulse530 wrote:
Can you guys help me settle this: Can you place more than one priest on the same cult track, of course using different spaces under a single track?

My wife says that because the rules do not specifically say no, then she can.

My argument is that in the rules it states:
"There are 4 spaces below each of the
Cult tracks of Earth, Water, Fire, and
Air that each can hold exactly 1 Priest.
As an Action, you may place one of
your Priests on one such space to advance
3 or 2 spaces (as indicated on the
space) on the corresponding Cult track"

Specifically it is saying you can place one of your priests on one space to advance a number of spaces on the corresponding track. To me that means that you can only place one on each track as that track only allows you to move on one space.

How do you guys play? Do you allow multiple priests on each cult track (still observing the one priest per space) or do you only allow one priest per track?

Thanks, Jon

The rules you quoted are only telling you what the restrictions are on the single action you're taking. As a single action, you may place one priest on one space. There is nothing about checking if you already have a priest on that track, or forbidding you from ever placing on that track again.

Your wife is 100% correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:

This is not just true of board games, apply it to everything for a very happy and peaceful life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Seidl
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
biffta wrote:
grant5 wrote:

This is not just true of board games, apply it to everything for a very happy and peaceful life.

You know, she keeps telling me that, but I don't think I will ever learn my lesson on that one.

Thanks for the clarification, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
biffta wrote:
grant5 wrote:

Any woman that says this, "Happy wife happy life" saying... DON'T WALK, RUN! It's a sure sign of a selfish woman that has no idea she's selfish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
biffta wrote:
grant5 wrote:

Any woman that says this, "Happy wife happy life" saying... DON'T WALK, RUN! It's a sure sign of a selfish woman that has no idea she's selfish.

One thing is certain though : you won't have a happy life if your wife is unhappy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
You can place one,two, three or all 4 of your priests on. one single track ( assuming spots are free).
You can also place a priest outside one of the 4 track spots for only one point and he "returns" to your priest pool at the end of the turn. ( you still have to aquire that priest again, but he is there for you to aquire again, unlike those placed on one of the four spots, that are there for the rest of the game).

i did not realize this and have been playing it wrong for quite some time. i thought that in order to place a priest for one point and return it to your supply, there still needed to be an open spot were you placed the priest and then returned it.

i don't think this would have made a lot of difference in my games but I think it's come up at least a handful of times. we'll be sure to play that correctly in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dániel Lányi
Hungary
Budapest
* -Not Applicable-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
biffta wrote:
for only one point and he "returns" to your priest pool at the end of the turn.

This surprised me, so I checked the rulebook, but I saw nothing about the priest returning to the supply only at the end of the turn.

Terra Mystica Rulebook wrote:

If you do not want to lose a Priest, alternatively, return him to your
supply (next to your Faction board) and only advance 1 space.

Or I guess you might mean end of turn = end of action, and what I would call a turn, you would call a round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wolfpacker
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
AlexFS wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:

One thing is certain though : you won't have a happy life if your wife is unhappy.

That's true. Just run, if you hear this before you stick a ring on it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
AlexFS wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:

That's true. Just run, if you hear this before you stick a ring on it!

Ha ha women, amirite bros?

Seriously, though, can you take this bullshit somewhere else please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.