Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Roper
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As a fan of Shadows of Brimstone, I have been ordering all sorts of expansions from Flying Frog Productions throughout the past year and a half. I have had 6 or 7 big orders altogether. The majority of which have left me with a positive experience. Unfortunately, 2 out of the past 3 orders have left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

The first order contained various enemy expansions from Gencon 2015. Everything was packed neatly in a box with bubble wrap. The figures in small plastic bags. The cards and reference material were packed safely in plastic sleeves. This was all as expected as the orders were for an unfinished and unreleased product. The issue I would soon find out was that I had cards for one of the products, but no miniatures!

Now I'm fairly easy going and realized someone made a mistake. No big deal. So I went to flying frog's web store and left a message regarding my order. No response. A week went by and still no response. Eager to get my miniatures, I came to BGG and quickly learned that the only way to get a timely response was through an email to admin@flyingfrog.net. I thought this was mildly annoying. This was never really mentioned on my orders... but whatever, I'd give it a try. Within 3 hours or so I had a response and an email notification that a package was being sent with a tracking number included. A few days later I received the rest of my order. I was impressed by how quickly things were resolved.

Now a year later, as a birthday present to myself, I ordered some character class expansions to add some more variety. 6 new classes actually. I received the package on time. Neatly packed in bubble wrap with cards and reference material in protective sleeves. I go through the cards and miniatures counting them to make sure it's all there... 1... 2... 3... and... only 4 of the 6 or so products that were supposed to be included were in the box.

Checking the invoice to see if everything I had payed for was supposed to be in the package. It was listed. It should have been included. This made me angry. I quickly sent an email to admin@flyingfrog.net and received an auto response stating the email will be responded to soon. The next day I received a courtesy email saying that this will be resolved asap. A few days later... no emails regarding packages being sent. No tracking number. I send another email asking if there were any updates. No response. It's been 7 days since the initial email. I'm not really angry. I'm just disappointed.

Flying Frog Productions... get your shit together. Revise your web store so people can contact you and get timely responses when things like this happen. Double check your orders before they go out to make sure everything is included. Act like the reputable company that you are supposed to be.

As for those who are reading this. Has anyone else had any experiences like this with FFP?

Update: 9/12 I received an email a few days ago saying they have been super busy due to PAX and that they would send the missing classes "soon". Still no tracking number though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Royal
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect, at least this time, they're at PAX trade show and probably haven't manned the stations.

Not an excuse, but that may be the reason (this time, at least).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always had good results with FFP customer service. Don't despair they always make it right. They may not be as fast but they get it done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
optimooseprime wrote:

Checking the invoice to see if everything I had payed for was supposed to be in the package.

I would sympathize, but I hate it when people write "payed" instead of "paid." I don't care if "payed" is now the commonly accepted spelling; I will hold this Glaive of Law against the Earth.

(The only problem I ever had with FFP was when they left the Darkstone Hydra model out of my Wave 1.5 Kickstarter shipment. But the replacement arrived so quickly, it was almost as if they shipped it before I sent the email telling them it was missing.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.