Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phillip Millman
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

Just got the game. Can't wait to play it. I recommend punching the stats squares from the female side to minimize the probability of tearing. My halfling board came slightly torn but was made worse by punching from the male side.

Knowing is half the battle

P.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cross
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Always use caution with punch-outs. That being said, I had no problem with mine. They all came out tear-free! I must say that these game components are top quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kruckvich
United States
Connellsville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got one tear.

Ironically, on the male dwarf side, from punching from the female side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this helpful post. I had to be super careful to avoid tears in the narrow dividers between dice holes, but I managed to avoid any damage by lightly punching from the female side.

Also, be careful not to throw away the Charisma bonus money tokens. I was watching TV while punching out the game, and didn't notice until later that one of the character boards had a different symbol on the "gold" column than the other boards; these are the 6 Charisma bonus gold tokens. Most of the tokens in the dice holes have a trash symbol, but one board is different. Look carefully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
Also, be careful not to throw away the Charisma bonus money tokens. I was watching TV while punching out the game, and didn't notice until later that one of the character boards had a different symbol on the "gold" column than the other boards; these are the 6 Charisma bonus gold tokens. Most of the tokens in the dice holes have a trash symbol, but one board is different. Look carefully.
I noticed that, and originally thought it was a misprint until I looked again and realized that there were no Charisma tokens. Thankfully, I noticed it before I threw out all the little punch bits. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Flack
United States
Vermillion
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only tear I had was on the male dwarf side too.

Unfortunately, I punched my game before seeing this thread and threw away my charisma tokens. I was able to salvage four of them though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, if you have any pieces are missing or damaged, please visit www.ShipNaked.com/replacements they're currently handling replacement pieces for Roll Player.

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
I just got my copy recently and came here to post a warning - to find this thread already here.

Thank you for the post. I wish I would have checked here first. Created 2 minor tears on the undersides of both the Halfling and Dragonkin boards. It was on the thin border between two dice spots. Thankfully, they were minor tears (I was trying to be somewhat careful), easily fixed with a glue stick.

I also was going to warn about the Charisma tokens. Good catch there, too.

All in all, great quality components. I absolutely love having punched out spots for the attribute dice rather than just drawn on squares for them. So much better.

I haven't had to punch out a game like this in ages....brings back memories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I've taken over the replacement of missing/bad pieces. If you need anything email me at keith@thunderworksgames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
If you are reading this, it means I have more geekgold than I know what to do with. 1st person to geekmail me gets 8 gg
badge
BGG.Com It's the only site I visit where it's a bigger sin to call someone a jackass than it is to be a jackass.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I followed the advice and carefully punched all of my bits form the back side.At first it looked like I was successful but after 5+ playes my elf looks like this

I was wondering do you think there is anything I could spray onto the boards to keep this from happening to the other (6) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
hahnarama wrote:
So I followed the advice and carefully punched all of my bits form the back side.At first it looked like I was successful but after 5+ playes my elf looks like this

I was wondering do you think there is anything I could spray onto the boards to keep this from happening to the other (6) ?

Ouch.

Send me a note, if you want a replacement on this board at keith@thunderworksgames.com

Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
If you are reading this, it means I have more geekgold than I know what to do with. 1st person to geekmail me gets 8 gg
badge
BGG.Com It's the only site I visit where it's a bigger sin to call someone a jackass than it is to be a jackass.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah I can live with it. I was hoping that someone had come up with a preventative measure to stop it from happening.

#GAMEON

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Marano
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about something like Krylon's protective sealant?
There are a variety of such sprays available, but here's an
example of one that they offer: https://www.michaels.com/krylon-make-it-last-clear-sealer/10...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have to test it first on something to make sure it wouldn't damage the player board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since all of my boards are now flaking off I'm going to try the Krylon. Will let you know if it works. #GuineaPig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Marano
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hahnarama wrote:
Since all of my boards are now flaking off I'm going to try the Krylon. Will let you know if it works. #GuineaPig

Please do! I've purchased the game but have yet to open it and would be interested to learn of your experience. For the record, I would be surprised if the Krylon reacted with the ink on the board. But be aware that there are a number of sprays on the market that are designed to protect artwork. If you have access to a place like Michaels or A.C. Moore or Hobby Lobby, I'd suggest you look at the various products.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.